Chapter 6: Welcome to Atlas

Start from the beginning

"For your question, usually we don't sell but it would be a crime to deny one of Vale's most successful bounty hunters a place to stay with all accommodations considered and non disclosure to the public and other... people in power. A sum total of one point three million Lien, with a deposit-"

"Can I send it right now?"

"Oh um... yes but I would need your signature."
"I'm out of the kingdom right now but can you hold that apartment while I'm gone?"
"Of course! Happy hunting."

'Good, a base in Vale and maybe one on Atlas.'

He then left towards the freezer where he loaded up the King of the Vytal Seas body onto a cart before heading topside.
There the woman was arguing with the captain but saw a man who was much older and had more metals in his uniform.
Safe to say he outranked them both.

"By having that maniac stay here she endangered me and everyone else on this ship!"

The captain yelled pointing at the woman who remained calm. The older gentleman looked at her, thus she responded,

"Yes, although having a child who committed several murders doesn't look good. You have understand that if it wasn't for him, we'd all be dead.
He took out their ship, helped the guards fend off the pirates from reaching the civilians in the lower decks. And aswell as killing the pirate responsible for thousands of lien damages and theft. If you ask me, the Vytal Seas are alot safer now that he's out of the picture."

'I gotta ask for her name.' Hector thought as she could be a good connection to have between Vale and Atlas.
The older man then hummed in response before saying,
"I see, captain your mother is the head of the security in Argus right?"
"Yes!"

"And here I thought she might've taught you a thing or two about logical thinking. Due to this incident you'll be demoted."
"What?! You can't do that?!" The demoted captain yelled but the man then turned to the woman and said,

"By my authority as the chief of security I promote you to captain of the S.S. North Wind, Congratulations." The man then left while the ex-captain followed him while yelling.

The woman smirked before Hector came out of hiding and said,
"You were hoping that was going to happen huh?"
She turned around and smiled and said,

"I've been working for a literal man child for over two years. It may not seem alot but if you were about to kill him just for interacting with him for two minutes imagine two years."

"I'm surprised you didn't shove him off during a storm." Hector said putting his right foot on a cart.
"Believe me... I thought about it. But I thank you for your arrival." She said giving a nod.
"What's your name anyway?"

"You can call me captain Lilly."
"Well captain, if you don't mind I gotta get paid."

"Very well but a word of caution before you head to Mantle and Atlas." Lilly said before continuing.

"After you turn in your bounty I recommend you head to the lower levels of Mantle.
No doubt that once the Atlas military learns that Vale's most feared bounty hunter is in the kingdom they'll try and recruit you."

Hector was skeptical of Lilly, why was she telling him this? What was her motivation?

"And you're telling me this why?"
"Think of this as a thank you for getting rid of that child. But I have a proposition for you."

Hector leaned in and tilted his head which Lilly replied,

"For a small fee I can get you a way to and from Vale and Atlas with little to no trouble. And to due this ship being a small-median transport for both passengers and cargo we won't have to worry about inspections as much."