Shadow

As she walked down the dark, deserted alley, Janeya felt a cold chill run down her spine. She had always hated this route, but it was the shortest way home. The only company she had was the sound of her footsteps echoing against the walls.

But then she saw it. A shadow, moving silently behind her. She turned around, but there was nothing there. "It's just my imagination," she thought to herself.

But then she saw it again. This time, the shadow moved faster and closer. Her heart pounded in her chest, and Janeya quickened her pace.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder. But when she turned around, no one was there. She started running, her breaths coming in short gasps.

The shadow was everywhere, following her every move. It seemed to be alive, taking on different shapes and sizes as it chased her.

Janeya  finally reached her apartment building, panting and sweating. She fumbled with her keys, her hands shaking violently as she tried to unlock the door. But the shadow was already inside, its dark figure looming over her.

She screamed as it consumed her, engulfing her in darkness. And then, there was nothing.

The next morning, Janeya's body was found in the alley. She was covered in bruises, her eyes wide open in terror. No one knew what had happened to her, but some whispered about the shadow that haunted that alley. A shadow that nobody had ever seen, but everyone feared.