#14

Necklace

Once upon a time, there lived a little girl named Louisiana . She loved to play dress up and often wore her mother's beautiful necklace. Her mother had received it as a gift from her late grandmother, and it was a treasured family heirloom.

One day, while playing with her friends in the park, Louisiana felt a tug on her neck. She looked down to see that her beloved necklace had come undone. She quickly picked it up off the ground and carefully put it in her pocket.

That night, as Louisiana was getting ready for bed, she remembered the necklace and went to retrieve it from her pocket. However, when she pulled it out, something was different. The once-glistening jewels were now dark and cloudy, and the gold chain was dull and tarnished.

Louisiana thought nothing of it and put the necklace on before going to sleep. But as she lay in bed, she heard strange noises coming from her closet. She tried to ignore it but couldn't shake the feeling that someone or something was watching her.

The next morning, Louisiana woke up feeling exhausted. She looked in the mirror and noticed something chilling - a faint but visible mark that looked like a handprint on her neck. She immediately took off the necklace and threw it in the garbage.

Over the next few days, Louisiana's behavior became increasingly erratic. She would wake up in the middle of the night, screaming and thrashing about. Her parents became concerned and took her to see a doctor, but they couldn't find anything wrong with her.

One night, Louisiana's parents heard a loud noise coming from her room. They rushed in to find her choking, her hands around her throat. They managed to save her just in time, but Louisiana was never the same again.

Years later, after Louisiana had passed away, her parents found the necklace in the back of a drawer. They couldn't help but wonder if it was the source of their little girl's torment - and whether it was too late to destroy its evil power.