I ignored the voice completely. I was never going to leave those two and let them get trapped.

There will be consequences. The Doors won't close.

I almost stopped right in my tracks, but didn't have time to think well. I just kept running and hoped the consequence wouldn't turn out as worse as it sounded.

Minho screamed. "Come on, Jane!" He grabbed my arm and together we started running through the Blades.

"Go! Go!"

"Oh, my-." I gasped when suddenly two pieces of the ground moved up, me almost losing my balance.

"Come on!"

"Come on!"

We ran the other way around when a wall came down toward us.

"Keep going!"

"Let's go!"

"Don't look back!" Minho shouted.

Thomas looked back.

"Come on!"

Minho and I slid through the closing Blades, but Thomas got slowed down when he looked back.

"Minho!" He screamed, trying to catch up with us.

"Come on, Thomas!" I shouted. The boy ran further and after a while, took his chance and ran through two closing Blades, almost falling on top of Minho.

"Here!" We arrived at the closing gap in the section. "Jane!" Minho grabbed my waist and lifted me over the wall, causing me to get butterflies everywhere, but my mind was too busy with all the running and shouting.

Only watching Minho and Thomas climb through the small, closing space made me shrink, but they made it. All three of us fell to the ground, breathing heavily.

~

"What the hell's going on out there?"

Not even a second after we walked out of the maze, boys surrounded Thomas, Minho, and I. The three of us started walking through the Glade, everyone following like literal dogs.

"What the hell you done now, Thomas?" Gally questioned.

"We found something, a new passage," Thomas explained through his still heavy breaths. "We think it could be a way out."

"Really?"

"It's true," Minho confirmed. "We opened a door, something I'd never seen before. I think it must be where the Grievers go during the day."

Chuck caught up with us. "Wait! You're saying you found the Grievers' home? And you want us to go in?"

He had a point, but we had to get a way out. Though it did freak me out a bit too.

"Their way in could be our way out, Chuck," Thomas replied.

"Yeah, or there could be a dozen Grievers on the other side." Gally talked. Minho sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Here we go again." The Runner whispered.

"The truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he has done, as usual."

Thomas spun around, all the boys coming to a stop. "Yeah, at least I did something, Gally." His face grew with anger. "I mean, what have you done, huh? Aside from hide behind these walls all the time?"

Gally's eyebrows furrowed even more than they usually were in anger. "Let me tell you something, Greenie. You've been here 3 days, all right?" He held up three fingers. "I've been here 3 years!"

"Yeah, you've been here 3 years and you're still here, Gally!" Thomas argued. "What does that tell you? Maybe you should start doing things a little differently."

Newt leaned in. "He ate." He whispered in my ear.

I giggled. "He sure did."

"Maybe you should be in charge, what about that?" Gally added.

"Hey, it's Alby!" Teresa interrupted, all the boys immediately turning to her. "He's awake."