43 - Note

Jane's POV

The whole way I ran back with Minho, I was nervous, my mind spinning with questions and thoughts. The kiss Newt and I shared, was nice, and if Minho wouldn't have been there, I would have enough confidence to talk to Newt about it, but that was the catch. Minho was there. And I liked him just as much as Newt, though I still wonder how that was even possible. Their personalities, the way they acted, looked.. they were both so different and yet amazing.

The one thing I was happy about, was that I knew for sure Newt liked the kiss. Otherwise, he would've never asked to kiss me, right? So he must've liked me back, since friends definitely don't kiss each other on the lips, I assumed.

Minho, I wasn't so sure about. Sometimes he was the sweetest and cared about everything, and then he acted cold, snappy, and mean. I didn't get him at all, but still liked him, while I wasn't even sure if he wanted to be friends with me.

My thoughts got interrupted when Minho talked again. I didn't even notice it, but we arrived back in the Glade, but kept jogging.

"Should we go to the Map Room?" Minho suggested. The answer was obvious. We had to go map, but I guessed Minho just wanted to start a conversation, or get rid of the awkwardness.

"Sure." I simply replied.

Soon we arrived in the Map Room, Minho opened the door and let me in. "Ladies first." He mumbled, just like the first time we passed the Map Room.

I started drawing and taking some notes while Minho's attention was focused on something else. At first, I didn't bother him looking at it, but then I got curious too, so looked up. Minho had a note in his hand and was reading it.

"Hey, what's tha-."

I cut myself off when Minho ripped the paper into dozens of pieces, face expression blank. For a split second, I was sure I saw my name on it, but also doubted it.

"Was my name on it?" I blurted out.

Minho put the pieces of paper in his pocket. "No." He coldly said. "Your name was not on it."

I sighed. "What was it?" Something about the note upset Minho. I could see it by the way he acted.

"Nothing." Minho cleared his throat. "It was nothing." Then he started taking notes, not daring to say anything else about the note, which left me confused.

"There was something written on it and I'm sure my name was there," I added in full confidence. Minho wasn't going to stop me so easily. "So what did it say?"

"Nothing important," Minho answered. "Are you done?"

"I wanna know what was on the note, Minho." I sternly ordered, ignoring his question. "Why did you rip it? And why was my name on it? Who was it from? Is it-."

Minho interrupted by throwing a few pieces of paper in the air madly. "Go shucking read what was on there then!" He snapped, then he left, leaving me confused and even a bit upset.

Always those shucking outbursts of him! I sighed and looked at the tiny crumbs of paper. I wasn't going to put them all back together. Time waste. Eventually, I decided to just get dinner and join Chuck and Minho.

"Hey, Jane!" Chuck enthusiastically greeted. "I think Newt is taking a shower!"

"During dinner?" I wondered out loud, but then I smiled at the thought of Newt using his shampoo. Minho didn't say a thing. Just kept his head down and ate. He was still angry about whatever.

"What's wrong, Me- Minho?" Chuck innocently asked. I almost laughed out loud at the kid wanting to call Minho the familiar nickname, but didn't. I was angry at Minho too. If my name was on the note, then I had the right to know what was on there, no matter if it made Minho angry.

"Nothing is wrong," Minho grumbled.

The way Minho said it made me even more curious about the note.

"Nothing is wrong because 'nothing' was on the note?" I blurted out. Minho gave me a glance through his eyelashes but didn't reply again.

"Something is definitely wrong," Chuck whispered to just me. "Does he know you and-."

I put my hand on Chuck's mouth right away. "I don't think he knows and I like to keep it in that way for a little longer," I whispered back before removing my hand.

~

Chuck and I lay in our bed. Newt never appeared at dinner and Minho's mood didn't change. Something was definitely up with the note. It upset Minho enough for me to know that.

"Are you going to choose Newt?" Chuck suddenly whispered as we both still faced the ceiling, not looking at each other.

"I don't know," I mumbled.

"But you said you would see who made the first move!" Chuck argued. "And Minho is always in a bad mood."

"Minho is not always in a bad mood." I sighed. "Just.. sometimes."

"All the time." Chuck corrected and paused. "What do you and Minho do in the maze?"

"We run, Chuck," I answered.

"Just asking." Chuck shrugged and turned away from me. "Good night, Janey."

"Night, Chuck."

~

At breakfast, Newt joined us. I gave him a bright smile and greeted him happily, but he didn't. His jaw was clenched, his face expression not showing off any emotions, so anything but cheerful.

"Good morning to you too," Chuck muttered under his breath before he stuffed his mouth full of a sandwich. Newt didn't make eye contact with me and didn't bother to say anything unless we asked.

"Did you take a shower, Newt?" Chuck asked, almost not understandable because of the food in his mouth.

"No." Newt groaned, eyebrows furrowing and lips pressed in a thin line. He was angry.

"Then where were you yesterday?" Chuck yelled out. "And when the shuck are you going to take a shower? Or don't you shower?"

"I do shower, but it's not like we have infinite water in here," Newt explained, still seeming angry about something. "And I was w-.." he cut himself off, like he wasn't supposed to say something. He cleared his throat before correcting himself.
"I was helping Alby with something."

Chuck and I both frowned, but I just let go of it. It wasn't my business what Newt did in his free time, though he definitely seemed angry. Or upset. The previous day I had gathered a bit more confidence to talk to Newt about the kiss, but it was all gone already by the way he acted. Something about that made me realize he was angry at me. He didn't look at me, which he normally did.

Out of a sudden, Minho slammed his plate down on our table.
"And also a good morning to you too." Chuck greeted.

"Morning." He grumbled.

Still angry? Jeez! How long will it take for him to act normal again?

I kept my own head down and just ate. Neither of the boys seemed to like to have a conversation, so I just didn't talk either.

~

A/N: What do you think was on the note?