26 - Hut

"NEWT, I TOLD YOU TO STAY BY THE TREE!" Chuck screamed through the whole Glade. "Jane! How could you accept this? Get the shuck off him!"

I heard Newt groan as I opened my eyes, staring right into a very pissed looking Chuck.

"This is not allowed in front of me or in this territory!" Chuck yelled.

"It's a nice thing I get my hut today then." I smiled once I remembered that.

Chuck's face dropped. "You said I could sleep in your hut! Don't tell me Newt is allowed to do that too!"

"This is just a one time thing," I assured.

"You did it THREE times already!" Chuck grabbed my arm and pulled me off Newt, who was starting to wake up. "So unless you're a couple, this is not going to happen! And Newt, wake the shuck up! I'll throw water over your head if you don't!"

Great start of the morning.

Newt rubbed his eyes and groaned again before getting on his feet.

"Can't you read?" Chuck pointed at the sign. Newt laughed and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Good morning, Chuck."

Oh. My. God. That morning voice! And his hair!

"I'm getting breakfast!" Chuck walked away, leaving me and Newt alone. It made me nervous, fidgeting with my hands. Newt made me nervous.

"You okay?" He turned to look at me, seeming worried about the previous night.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Should we get breakfast too?"

"Sure." Newt chuckled. On our way to the kitchen, my mind was spinning with questions.

Is Minho mad at me? Why do I care about that so much? I really think we had something before the Glade. And what about Newt? He's so sweet, caring, and attractive. But Minho lights my mood up, is a bit funnier than Newt, and is also very attractive. They both are! How am I supposed to live with this? Am I in love with them? Both of them? How can I be in love with two guys?

I sighed lightly and looked at Newt, who walked very close to me. He stared straight forward with a small smile stuck on his face. Only looking at him gave me a warm feeling in my stomach.

Then I turned to the tables. Minho sat there, talking to Ben. His strong arms crossed again, the familiar smirk on his face, but his eyes soft.

I got a weird feeling in my body by looking at them both, but eventually decided I wasn't in love with either of them. Though there definitely was some tension and we were more than friends or enemies.

After Newt and I got food, we sat down. Ben gave me a wink and then walked away, leaving me very confused. Minho's face darkened once he saw me, he averted his eyes and started eating.

I don't think he likes me that much.

We all ate in silence. Chuck was mad at Newt, Minho was probably being himself, and Newt just didn't say anything.

When I suddenly felt someone's knees touching mine, I almost dropped my fork. My heart started beating faster for some reason once I realized it was Minho. Through my eyelashes, I looked up. For a split second Minho and I made eye contact, then he looked down, though he never moved his legs away from me.

Nervously, I started taking more bites of food, pretending to ignore the glances Minho kept giving me. Every time we made eye contact, my heart skipped a beat.

"Dave will be banished today." Newt suddenly said. My breathing hitched at the thought of a banishment.
Minho clenched his jaw and finally pulled away.
"So there's no running for you two." Newt turned to me.

A bit disappointed I nodded. Finally, it turned into a Runner, and then I wasn't able to run!

Minho didn't reply and kept looking down, making me unsure.

Is he mad? Why? Did he see me and Newt this morning? That wasn't such a big deal. Could he be jealous? Or is he just acting like he normally acts to me again? Mean and snappy. But he was nice yesterday! And with Dave too! But that was only because he had to do his job and with Dave was something a normal human would do too.

I started overthinking like crazy and remembered all the things Minho once said to me. Deformed Chicken, that I was jacked, ugly, shitty, an actual mean hoe, which was not meant as a joke or nickname.

Why do I care so much out of a sudden? I can't fall for Minho! I'm not falling for him anyways. He hates me and calls me stuff!

Anxiously I started tapping with my foot. "Can I really not go run today?" I needed some distraction. Something that would make me feel better.

"Alby said we couldn't," Newt replied.

I sighed and kept eating, my leg still shaking like crazy. When suddenly I felt a hand go on my thigh and push it down so I couldn't tap it anymore, my palms got sweaty.

Newt leaned in. "You okay?" He whispered. It was his hand on my leg.
With wide eyes, I nodded.
"Just breathe," Newt added.

Overwhelmed I nodded again and took a few deep breaths.

"Your hut is done, by the way." Newt raised his voice so the others could hear us too.

Slowly I started to feel better by Newt's touch and by the thought of my hut. "Can I see it?"

"Sure."

"Come on, Chuck!" I pulled the kid up.

"Hey! I didn't mean right n-." Newt was too late. Chuck and I already ran away.

"Wait. Which way do we go?" I stopped running and turned to Chuck, whose face was bright red in excitement. "Let's ask." I ran back to Newt. "Which one is mine?"

"The one to the left of my hut," Newt explained.

"Okay!"

Chuck and I ran through the Glade. "There!" Chuck yelled. I chuckled at our excitement, it must've looked crazy. From the outside, the hut looked the same as the others. We quickly got in and closed the door behind us.

"I've never been in someone's hut before." Chuck gasped as he twisted around.

There was a bed bigger than Newt and Minho their beds in the corner, a closet, also bigger, a small desk with a chair, and a drawer. Basically the same as all the huts, but still nice and cozy. A few candles stood on the desk, giving the hut a warm glow. The sheets on my bed were a nice brown color, and even a few plants decorated the hut.

"Wow. It looks good." I breathed. Chuck's mouth was open, almost amazed by the work Gally and the other Builders did in so less time.

"I could sleep here right?" Chuck's cheeks turned red.

"Of course, you can." I smiled and let myself fall onto the bed.

"Do we both.. uh, you know." Chuck stammered, making me confused. "In the bed? Next to each other?"

I laughed at Chuck's nervousness. "I mean, we slept next to each other almost every night, so I don't see a difference."

Chuck seemed more comfortable again. "And we're best friends." He added with a grin.

"And we're best friends," I assured. Do you have any stuff you need to bring here? Might as well do it now."

"I'll go get it!" Chuck cheerfully said.

~

A/N:
Do you like Minho x Jane more or Newt x Jane? And why? ❤️