"You're pretty cute when you're jealous," Newt said like it was the most normal case in the world.

"What?" I scoffed, acting like I wasn't jealous of Teresa and didn't know what he meant.

"Though I don't quite get why you would be jealous." Newt sighed as I turned off the shower. "Why are you?"

I hesitated but decided to just tell Newt. I could trust him. "She's beautiful." I quickly put on my clothes.

"I still don't get why you would be jealous." Newt hinted.

Before I even realized it, I blurted everything out. "She has this beautifully curved body and I don't since I have more muscles but not those curves in my waist and she looks pretty even though she comes out of the Box or wakes up unconscious while I look like crap and I cry almost every day and she doesn't and she helped Alby with the syringes while I tried to kill you a few times and I- I..." I trailed off, it all turning into a sob.

"You're a really good comedian, love," Newt answered.

"And now I'm crying again like every day!" I sobbed, not really listening to Newt.

"Can I come in?" Newt questioned.

"You do you." I cried. The door opened and Newt stepped into the hut. Immediately I averted my eyes from his.

"You shouldn't compare yourself to Teresa." Newt decided, stepping a bit closer.

I sniffed. "But she's so pretty!"

"And who said you weren't? Who confirmed Teresa is prettier than you?" Newt asked.

I shrugged and let out another sob.
"I think you're beautiful, Jane." Newt lowered his voice and before I got the chance to argue, he continued. "Of course you look different from Teresa, but not in a negative way."

He lifted up my chin, forcing me to look him in his beautiful eyes I still loved.

"I think, first of all, that you're stronger than Teresa. You run every day, so no wonder your body is beautiful like that!" He paused. "I will have to admit that Teresa isn't ugly, but I do think you're much prettier, more beautiful.. even when you're crying or when you wake up unconscious. And you have this talent with knives I bet Teresa doesn't have, so there's really no need to compare yourself with her, love."

I wiped my nose, getting a bit nervous about how close Newt was. "You're jealous of Minho."

"Hey! I just gave you a whole speech and that is your response?" He scoffed. "I'll repeat myself by saying that you're beautiful. The most beautiful girl I've met."

"You only met two," I added.

"Are you bugging me to give more speeches now or what exactly are you doing?" Newt laughed.

I smiled, but blushed deeply at Newt taking my waist in his large hands. His smile disappeared, eyes slowly trailing down to my lips as I did the same with his.

"Do I get permission to kiss you again?" Newt asked, his voice raspy because he talked so low.

Before I even took the chance to reply in words, I pressed my lips to his. Newt smiled through it as I moved my hand up to his chest, eyes automatically closing.

A rush of warmth spread through my body when Newt cupped my face with one of his hands. My other hand found its way to the back of Newt's head, pulling us even closer together as sparks of electricity shot in my veins.

Slowly we let go, me leaning against the wall, breathless while Newt had to catch his breath too. And it was goddamn amazing.

"Was that good?" Newt nervously asked, though his hands never left my body.

I nodded. "It was."

Newt smiled lightly and let out a relieved sigh. "Jane," he started.

"Newt.." I raised my eyebrows when he didn't finish.

He looked down before meeting my eyes again.
"I like you. A lot."

My face turned bright red and my breathing hitched. I felt fluttered, but also hesitated. Minho was still there.
"I like you too," I spoke too hesitant.

Newt's hand left my waist and he stared at me, his eyes twitching everywhere.
"But you like him too." He realized.

I bit my lip, full of pity at seeing Newt's hurt eyes. He rubbed his chin and took a step back.

"Newt, I-."

He stopped me by holding up his hand. "It's okay." Yet he didn't sound very sure. "We'll talk about it after the maze. After we escaped."

I quickly nodded, panicking a bit.

Then Newt's gaze softened, his tense body relaxing. "Because we promised. We promised we would get out of here together no matter what happens, right?"

"Right."