Chapter 15 Luna and Evelyn

I finished tying up the girl we took hostage. I tied her hands and feet together so she couldn't run away if she woke up. Sky came over with Arctic to watch her, just in case. I looked over, ready to go join the fight again when I saw Evelyn fall to the ground. Alex ran over to her, trying to get her to wake up. I saw the guy that they had been fighting look around, taking in everything else that was happening. He saw that we had someone tied up. He looked over at the guy with gray trimming, but when he saw he was busy with Kye, he started running toward us.

I was torn between staying to help Sky and going to help Evelyn. "Alex!" I called. He looked up at me. "Come here! Help Sky and I'll get Evelyn!"

He took one more glance at Evelyn, then ran after the guy. I didn't want to leave Sky alone, so I hesitated. "Go help Evelyn, Luna. I can stop him until Alex gets here. It'll just be a few seconds. And I have Arctic to help me," Sky encouraged me confidently.

I considered for a few seconds before handing her my knife. "Okay, I'll trust you. Be careful." I ran over to where Evelyn was still lying unconscious.

The guy in the cloak reached Sky first. I glanced back to make sure she was okay, but they were just talking. I thought that was a little weird. They were soon yelling.

I turned around, running toward Evelyn when I heard Sky scream. I heard Alex yell Sky's name. I whipped around. The hooded figure was right next to Sky, blood on his knife. I looked at Sky and saw blood dripping from a cut from her left shoulder to almost the middle of her chest. It had cut through the strap of her tank top and it was hanging off her shoulder. Alex appeared in front of the man at that moment and attacked him. He didn't seem to be holding back at all. I almost felt bad, but then I saw Sky and hated him probably as much as Alex. I knew he had it under control, and turned back around and kept running toward Evelyn.

I finally reached Evelyn, and worry for her filled my thoughts. Her face was really pale. Her hands were really cold. I couldn't figure out what happened or why she had fainted.

I decided it would probably be useful to bring her back to where we had made camp the night before. She was about 50 feet away. I gently attempted to pick her up, but the back of her shirt felt wet. I set her down and looked at my hands. They were covered in blood! Was it Evelyn's blood? Of course it was, where else would it have come from? Why was she bleeding? Did the figure cut her? Why was there so much blood? How much blood had she lost?

A million more questions filled my head, but I cleared them all away with one thought. If I didn't do something about this now, she'd continue to lose blood, which could kill her. I quickly picked her up, trying to be careful of her injury, but that was difficult since I wasn't exactly sure where it was, and I couldn't carry her without touching her back at all.

I half walked, half ran as fast as I could without hurting her more, back to our camp, but far enough away from Alex and the man, who was now fighting again.

I laid her on her stomach, then ran over to my bag and grabbed a big roll of bandages. They'd have to work for now until the battle was over. I quickly and carefully wrapped them around her torso since I didn't know where the blood was coming from. It stopped the bleeding temporarily. I knew it wouldn't last long and the blood would eventually soak through, but I had to go help.

I took in everything that was still happening. Kye was still good with the main guy. I wondered how he was still doing well and didn't need any help when he supposedly got the leader, but I decided not to question it too much. Maybe he was better than I thought, or the leader wasn't actually that good.
I looked over at Alex. He was holding the guy's knife to his throat. I wasn't sure if he was about to kill him, or just threaten him, but either way, it wasn't good. I started running over to them. "Alex! No!" He looked up but didn't move the knife.