Chapter 2 Part 2 Kye

Dear Kye Benett,

I'm going to keep this short. I need you to kill your father. I'd do it myself, but I don't want the whole mess that comes with it. The only explanation I'm going to give is that he is Evelyn, Luna, Alex, Sky, and Everett's legal guardian and could...Nevermind. You don't need to know any more than that. All you need to know is that if you don't kill him then I will kill him very painfully, as well as torture and kill your friend, Evelyn, and probably torture you as well, so I would suggest killing your father, Jeremiah Benett. If you tell ANYONE about this before it is done, the same fate listed above will happen. You have 48 hours to complete this objective. (Friday, May 22nd @ 12 am - Sunday, May 24th, @12 am)

~Shadow

Shadow wanted me to...kill my father. If I didn't then Evelyn would die as well. Who was this person trying to tell me what to do? The question I'd been pondering all day was, should I listen? Would they follow through on their threat? I didn't know.

I'd been thinking about the letter all day, but I hadn't thought of anything useful.

I didn't have much of a problem doing what Shadow wanted me to. He was a horrible father anyway, but like the letter started to say, he was our legal guardian, plus that would make me a murderer... If he died, then we'd all be orphans, and probably go into the orphanage at least for a year, except for Sky and Everett. I couldn't do that to them. But if I didn't, then he would still die, along with Evelyn. So, if this Shadow person followed through on their threats, then he would die either way, but if I did what Shadow wanted, then Evelyn wouldn't be tortured and die, and I wouldn't be tortured either. I could make it quick and painless too.

I heard the door open just as I had decided to do it. He was home. I thought about going to say hi, then decided against it. If he wanted to talk to me, or even see if I was still alive, he could come to my room himself.

I think I will do it, but how? I still wanted to make it quick and painless, but how should I do it? I'd figure that out later. When do I do it? I didn't know. I'll wait until there's a chance.