Chapter 7 Part 2 Alex

I walked beside Luna down to the pool. I hoped we'd have some time to talk while we were alone down there. I also was glad to have some more time to read since I'd slept for the majority of the ride. I hadn't read much, and now I was wide awake. Plus I'd be down here in case Luna got tired and wanted to go to bed. Besides, I was always up for just sitting with Luna, even if we don't talk much. We walked down a flight of stairs, and down a long hallway. I could smell the chlorine from the pool halfway down the hall. Sky ran ahead, and immediately jumped into the pool. Luna and I walked slower behind her, finding two chairs far enough away from the pool that Sky couldn't splash us. There was one other family in the pool, a mom, dad, and two little kids. One looked to be around Everett's age, and the other was around Sky's. Sky swam around for a little while, before she started talking to the two other kids in the pool, and they started playing together.

Luna had gotten her book out and was reading. I started my audiobook, dazing off as I listened, imagining the story.

Luna said something, but I didn't hear what. I took out my earbuds so I could hear her.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked.

"Oh, I just asked what you were reading."

"The Lord of the Rings. I'm rereading it."

"Oh, that's such a good series! I'm going to watch a show, if you want to join me," she offered.

"Oh, sure," I agreed, taking my other earbud out, and putting my phone in my pocket. "What are we watching?"

"I was thinking Friends," she suggested.

"Oh, sure." We had watched that show together a little while ago, but we liked rewatching episodes together every once in a while. She picked a random one, and I plugged my earbuds into her phone so we could listen together. Soon, I moved my chair closer to her, and debated putting my arm around her, but didn't know if that would make her uncomfortable. I decided to just go for it, and as I did she looked over at me, noticing that I did it, but didn't protest. She even leaned over, closer to me. We sat like that, watching Friends until around 10 when we decided it was time for bed, and went upstairs with Sky.