Chapter 12 Evelyn

I woke up early, at sunrise. I sat up and gently moved Arctic off my leg. Then I started massaging my left leg, where Arctic was lying all night. It had fallen asleep during the night. Once my leg woke up I reached over and rubbed Arctic's ears. Then I grabbed my phone and turned it on. It was 6:12. I looked around, and saw Alex and Luna still asleep. Their sleeping bags were right next to each other and their hands were nearly touching. I smiled because it looked like they fell asleep holding hands, but I decided not to say anything to them later.

I stood up, grabbed some clothes from my backpack, and looked around to see who was awake. Kye was lying silently in his sleeping bag and met my eyes. I held up one finger, then pointed over to the car, telling him I was going to change.

He nodded, and I went behind the car to change into my clothes for the day; a t-shirt and leggings.

I finished changing, put my old clothes back into my bag, and walked back to our camp. Kye stood up, stretched, and walked over to sit next to my sleeping bag, waiting for me. I sat beside him.

"How long have you been up?" I asked him.

"Not long, just a few minutes."

"Oh, okay."

"Did you see Alex and Luna?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Wanna hear more? I was still awake last night when Luna told Alex about what Sky saw."
"Wait, but more about what? How he reacted?"

"Well, yeah, but I meant more about them holding hands," he smiled mischievously, raising his eyebrows at me.

I rolled my eyes at him, then gave him a confused look. "What do you mean more about them holding hands?"

"First you have to promise not to tell Luna I told you."
"I can't make that promise depending on what you saw. If I have to talk to her and she wants to know how I know I'm not lying to her."

"Fine, I'll tell you anyway. So Luna told Alex everything, at least I assume she did, I couldn't hear them. But anyway, he seemed to take it pretty well." He smirked and raised his eyebrows, "Then Alex scooted over to Luna and put his arm around her. They sat like that for a long time, then Luna almost fell asleep and they talked for a second. Alex went over to his sleeping bag, scooted it a little closer to Luna when she wasn't looking, then grabbed her hand. They apparently haven't moved all night."

"Wow, good for Luna."

"Wha- That's all I get? I just told you this thing about your sister you would never know and just good for her?"
"I mean thanks for telling me, but yeah." I shrugged, then secretly smiled. I knew that would be his reaction and I knew he would tease Luna and Alex, so I had to tease him a little.

He scowled at me playfully. "Fine, I guess I won't tell you next time."

"I'm just kidding, Kye," I smiled.

He smiled, "I know." He scooted over, a little closer to me. I debated teasing him more about being like Alex but decided against it because I liked it and knew teasing him would make him move back over. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and he absent-mindedly rubbed little circles on my hand. We sat there for about a minute when suddenly, I looked over at Sky, and saw that she was awake and staring at us. I quickly sat up, embarrassed. Kye looked at me confused, with a little hurt hidden in his eyes.

"Evelyn?" he asked.

I tilted my head over at Sky. His eyes widened in understanding. I motioned for Sky to come over. She quietly got up and came over with a little smile on her face.