Red Stars

After Sam's corruption, the prison was left without any security and therefore, anyone could get in without permission. Quackity was aware of such thing and it was no surprise when he started looking for someone else to take care of the place. It has to be someone trusted, someone who wasn't working with Dream and was safe.
Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot of people who were willing to work as a prison guard. Especially not those who lived there long enough to know how the nation worked. It would be stupid and reckless to sign up for this kind of a job, especially knowing the danger and risk that came with guarding the prison. After all it was Dream, he probably had someone out there who was ready to break him out any time soon. And it was obvious that if Dream was to be freed, the prison guard would be killed. Probably not once.
The problem was there, no one dared to do something as dangerous as this.

So Quackity was forced to hire Purpled.

The young man who was the only person who volunteered to help. Not for free of course, Quacking offered him a good amount of diamonds for the position.
The start was hard, considering the fact that the two had a complicated past and their relationship wasn't as pretty as one would think. They had their fair share of arguments and fights but it didn't stop either of them from working together. Or at some point at least.
Quackity was sure that Tommy and Purpled were friends at some point but he wasn't that certain. Tommy cut off almost everyone except for him and Tubbo after his exile, which was undertandable. Their relationship was unknown and Purpled's opinion on Tommy unclear. The only thing Quacking knew was that Purpled wasn't excited nor happy to hear the news of Tommy's death. Like some others, he was upset. Not sad or heartbroken but visibly shocked and shaken up.

The thing is, Qauckity had no choice and Purpled wasn't as bad as he thought. He was attentive and he watched over the two prisoners the whole days and night, taking small breaks whenever Quackity has the time.
And it was fine. It was working out.

But of course Purpled's peaceful day at work couldn't take forever because the same day he was all alone, some visitors decided to pay him a visit. Not a pleasant one.

"We wanted to see one of the prisoners" Puffy said once she walked inside the prison and was greeted by Purpled.

He had full netherite armor on and the glowing sword in his hand was anything but welcoming. He glanced up at the group who walked in through the portal. Puffy, Fundy, Niki, Jack and Sapnap, surprisingly. No one really saw the latter man that much these days. It was said he left his old base to plan his revenge on Dream somewhere where he could be sure he was all alone. So seeing him now after all this time was a surprise. Not necessarily a welcomed one.

"I wasn't informed beforehand about your little visit" Purpled said, looking back at the screen that showed the cells and hallways.

"I wasn't informed that you have to sign up for a visit now, but it's good to know for the future." Jack said, scoffing to himself.

Purpled looked up at him, slowly standing up. Truth to be told, he was taller than the bald man. And had better armor too. Jack only looked up at him from behind his glasses.

"It is written down in the Prison Book. It's for the safety of visitors and the prisoners. No one is allowed in without previous declaration. Therefore, I'm afraid I won't be able to let you inside" Purpled said, his free hand resting on the hilt of his sword.

Puffy was the one who walked up closer to him with a small smile, hands in the air to show that she meant no threat. He narrowed his eyes before letting his hand rest on his hip, away from his sword.