Shattering thoughts

"-ommy? Are you okay?" A gentle voice asked him and Tommy was forced to go back to reality.

With his heart beating so fast and the ringing in his ears, he was barely able to understand what was said to him, more or less when it was a hushed voice. Because Midoriya stood in front of him with Mina and Todoroki on his side, all three of them staring at him with somewhat unreadable expressions. Tommy slowly stood up, as to not worsen his dizziness or not trip accidentally.

"W-what?" He asked, his voice lost at the back of his throat.

"We asked if you were.. you know, Okay?" Mina repeated the question which Tommy couldn't hear before and it almost broke what little self control he had.

"As good as someone accused of attacking his classmate can be" He lazily replied, feeling his heartbeat finally slow down, even if just a little.

"We're sorry to hear that. Todoroki explained everything to Midoriya and I kinda caught on, you know? I don't know you ping and we most certainly don't talk as much, but I think you're a cool guy!" Mina said as her eyes light up a little.

Tommy was sure she was rubbing off on him, because the smile that almost broke out was unwanted and probably not suitable for the given situation. He only sighed, waving his hand in the air like it was nothing, while the others did look kinda sceptic.

"Just a misunderstanding, happens to everyone. And you know Monoma, he likes to cause problems" Tommy replied, keeping his eyes off of the people surrounding his desk.

"Well, it's still mean to just start a rumour like that! I can't believe he would go that low.." Midoriya mumbled the last part to himself, but Mina's smile only showed that she heard it just fine.

Todoroki, who till this moment stood frozen, looked at Tommy and if he didn't know better, he would mistaken the blunt look as guilt.

"I'm sorry for what they said. It's my fault that the rumors started and I wanted to apologize for the situation itself. I didn't know what I was doing" Todoroki halfheartedly said at which Tommy shook his head disapprovingly.

"No need to apologize, it's my fault too. You can't change what has happened and it's fine. It was bound to happen anyways. I made some enemies and of course they wouldn't let such an opportunity slide by" Tommy said as he pulled his bag over his shoulder.

"Yeah.."

He gave them a soft smile, which quivered a little but they didn't notice and if they did, they chose to ignore it. Tommy was glad they did, because he just wanted to leave the class and skip the rest of school. Aizawa would probably kick his ass later on if he found out, but that was a problem for future Tommy. Present Tommy was tired and as much as it hurt to say, sad.
So he took his bag, excused his friends and made his way towards the doors. Of course, the small comments followed and he paid no mind to who's voice that was or what they said. He would have a lot of time to listen to whatever others had to say about him or what a terrible person he was.
And just as he left the class, there seemed to be whispers creeping up to him, flowing through his head and saying things he did not want to hear ever again. All eyes were on him. They were staring, laughing, whispering. Hundreds of eyes following him, millions of voices turning in one and swimming through his head.

And there he is, a little birdie

Flying away from his problems

Maybe it wasn't meant to be

A hero who acts just like a villain

What a shame such a talent is wasted

"How come you follow Wilbur? Shouldn't you be a hero?" One asked.