Not so friendly

It felt wrong but at the same time reasonable. Wrong, because not so long ago they talked with each other and spent long days on hanging out together and messing around. Wrong, because he didn't spent as much time trying to figure out what happened to him as everyone else. Wrong, because he gave up almost right away and instead focused on his new life.
It was reasonable because he had his new family to take care of and a business to hold. It was reasonable because Tommy was already gone, killed by Dream while he was in prison and there was simply no way that he somehow survived. He deemed it as a good thing, that he wasn't a monster and surely, he wasn't to blame.
As someone would say, he moved on and chose to try and forget about what happened.

But it was not an easy task. After all, both him and Tommy were like brothers, inseparable and always attached to each other's side. They fought together in wars, fought for independence and freedom. They cared for each other,  attending wounds and drying off blood they shed. They were clearly attached to each other.

They were each other's attachments.

Until Ranboo came around, of course. Maybe Tubbo didn't mean it, maybe he never wished for things to go the way they did. But he wasn't the one to control his life or emotions. He didn't speak with Ranboo for a long time hut he already knew he liked that guy. And with barely few days, their friendship was something Tubbo never had. It was stronger than the one he had with Tommy. And just like that, Tommy was pushed further into his memories, now swapped with pictures of Ranboo.
And Michael was only another addition to their small family, making it more than clear that their friendship was stronger than any other.

And whole Tubbo had fun, Tommy was left suffering. Even dying.

Either way, it wasn't a pleasant moment for him when Ranboo brought up Tommy during they shared lunch.

"What's on your mind, Ranboo?" He asked, noticing the way his husband seemed to be absent, despite sitting right across of him.

Ranboo looked up with his heterochromic eyes, a small smile slipping on his face.

"Nothing much, just.. thinking about something" was his response.

It was obvious that that type of an answer didn't satisfy Tubbo enough. He would push, until he would deem jak husband's answer enough.

"I know you enough to know when you're lying to me, Ranboo" he said calmly, taking a bite of his sandwich. "Please, tell me the truth and stop saying it's nothing when something clearly is bugging you"

Ranboo glanced to the side, his eyes trailing towards the wall. Pictures of them both and Michael covered the whole wall, most of them were happy and with smiles. If you were to look at that wall few months ago, you would see nothing but pictures of Tubbo and Tommy.
But as he said, if he wanted to move on completely, he had to get rid of anything that reminded him of Tommy.
It was brutal and unnecessary in Ranboo's opinion, giving up on his best friend so easily and replacing him, but he did nothing. Just like he remained silent whenever Tubbo would recall something they did, before mumbling something along the line 'its useless, he's dead anyway'. He wasn't too happy with his husband but he couldn't do anything about it either.

"I was thinking about Tommy and all that happened to him. Don't you think it's a little harsh just throwing away every single memory you ever made with him?" Ranboo asked.

Normally, the heavy glare that was sent his wy would make him apologize and change he topic. This time however, he wanted an honest answer.

"I already told you Ran, it's easier that way. I don't want to look at a wall and get reminded of him again." He said. "Don't get me wrong, I loved him and I would do anything to relive those moments with him again. But only if he was alive now."