After all you have me

He didn't know what to think. He didn't know what he felt. Was it anger? Pity? Maybe sadness that latched onto his heart and wouldn't let go? He wasn't too sure. And it was okay. He understood the situation, he knew. But, the question was, what was he going to do with it? The young teen who looked so fragile, his whole body trembling like he was out in a freezing night and eyes looking anywhere but him. The teen who looked energetic before, now looked like a broken boy who saw things than no living being should ever see nor experience.
He did try to kill himself more than once, he was left all alone and murdered by his abuser. That broke his heart, knowing well that the kid in front of him wasn't older than 16 years old and yet he went through so much that no one else could dream about.

Aizawa maybe looked like he didn't care, hiding his emotions behind his deep black eyes. But when I tell you he was boiling inside, I mean it. He pushed his anger deep inside his head, controlling how his eyes hold a harsh glare. Instead, he decided to hold Tommy for as long as he needed, promising to keep his safe and protect from this who already hurt him. Sure, maybe he didn't know the kid for long and still had questions that needed to be answered in the future, but he wouldn't let a kid like him suffer. And if it took years for Tommy to finally believe him and open up, that was fine. He would wait. There was no pushing.
The least he could do was to be there for him and slowly, but surely show him the reality of having a healthy family. Sure, Aizawa wasn't the best parental figure out there, but he tried. And he would keep trying for the sake of Tommy's health and happiness. There was no stopping him, not when he already get attached to the kid.
And many might see him as someone unable to take care of a child, especially since he barely can take care of himself, but that didn't matter at that moment. He could be sleep deprived, he could be injured and eat unhealthy. But Tommy? Tommy was going to get everything that kid's his age need. Home, hot meal, someone he could trust and many more. If he is able to change his life and help him understand, he will do it.  And he won't care if people will judge him. He was going to be a good guardian for Tommy. Even if he will have to stay awake at night to keep Tommy company and comfort him whenever he will have a nightmare. 

And with the anger boiling even more inside of him, he wasn't sure what he will do to whoever hurt Tommy in the past. If he ever gets a chance to meet them, he will treat them like any other villain. Child abuse was something terrible to do or go through. And we will make this people understand their mistake. Even if he will have to face the consequences. Call him stupid, call him a monster. As long as Tommy gets to live a long and happy life, he will also be happy.
No matter what.

・.。.:* *.:。.・

Tommy didn't know what to do nor think. He was lost in his mind, thoughts coming in and out of his head. He felt at peace with himself.
After spilling everything out, he felt relieved. Like a weight of never ending suffering was taken off from his shoulders, making it easier to breath and think. He could breath freely, blinking once and twice as he tried to understand one thing. Is that how it feels to be able to finally share your burden's with someone? He was...happy. He couldn't tell why, he couldn't understand why so suddenly. But he knew that he was safe in their arms, finally being able to close his eyes and rest without fear of waking up in a void, only to find out he was murdered in his sleep by one of his so called friends. He could relax and let his guard down. And then he thought.
He dreamt about this moment for so long, to just be held by someone who truly cares about him and how he feels. Not because they needed him for a war. Not because they wanted something from him. But because they simply cared.
It felt weird on his tongue to say. Cared about. Sure, he remembered Wilbur saying that he cared
But did he? He couldn't quite tell.

His fingers tugged on his wings, pulling on the loose feathers that stuck out uncomfortably. Carefully pulling away his hand, he stared at the three feathers that he pulled out. They were still blue, but slowly began to lose thier Bright colour. He stared at them for a moment, before opening the palm of his hand and testing it to the side. They slipped out of his grasp, floating towards the ground silently as he watched them mindlessly. They looked pretty and one thing that made them different from the rest was the fact that they were free and no longer trapped with Tommy. They didn't have to carry him for hours in the air anymore, they could simply be forgotten. And that's what reminded Tommy of himself. Even if he wasn't that feather, he also could be easily forgotten. No matter what he did anyways.

And somehow Aizawa still didn't forget about him. He was still there, holding him close to his chest, patting his head gently as if he was a scared animal that was easy to spook. And maybe he was. But he didn't mind. If acting like a spooked animal would made Aizawa stay with him, he was fine with it. And maybe he was selfish for thinking this way. Maybe he wanted to keep Aizawa to himself. And he was never selfish in his whole life, even if people sometimes said he was. It was fine, he could be selfish once and want something. Right? Everyone were selfish at least once and wanted something or someone to stay with them for at least another few moments.
Tommy did too. He was still a human, even if some wouldn't call him that. Monster they said. And Tommy didn't mind. Monsters also needed comfort once upon a time, right?
As long as he could feel the warmth of Aizawa's body, he didn't care if he was called monter.

He failed to notice when his own wings spread out and sneak around Aizawa's body, wrapping  him as if they were a soft and beautiful blanket. Tommy never wanted this to end. Not now and.not in the next few hours. He needed this for his whole life but wasn't given. So why not take as much as he could, before it would stop and be taken away from him again?

"Let's go home, I think we're both pretty exhausted" Aizawa's hushed voice reached him, pulling him out of his comfort zone.

He nodded softly, still not letting go as if Aizawa was to disappear if he did.

"You can let go, I promise I won't leave" the siad male said, pushing away Tommy's blond locks that fell over his face. "It's okay"

Despite his heart saying he shouldn't let go, he did. And when Aizawa opened the door, he was quick to follow.

"Goodbye Principal Nezu" Tommy muttered, closing the doors but not before hearing the other's answer.

"Goodbye Tommy, take care of yourself"

Tommy smiled to himself, before closing the doors and scurrying over to where Aizawa stood.
Maybe he did like the small pat he received from him and what? Not like he was going to say it out loud anyways.

"I will make us dinner" Aizawa said.

Tommy only nodded, glancing up at the black haired male in happiness. Was that it? Did he finally find his family? He hoped so.

But even then, was he able to keep people close to him without losing them? Well, that was a question for future Tommy.