An abomination of a plan

I was a teenage abomination Pt 1

It was a beautiful day on the Boiling Isles. The sun was shining a bit and a small breeze was going through the beach where the Owl House residents were standing. [Y/N] shivered slightly as Eda then spoke.

"Well, Luz, [Y/N]! Did you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?"

[Y/N] didn't know whether to laugh in disbelief, cry out of tiredness or throw up in disgust at the sight in front of him.

You see, the 'breathtaking' sight Eda was referring to was the giant corpse of some type of slug. It was surrounded by all sorts of trash and garbage while flies buzzed all around it.

"I don't like this." Luz said, slowly shaking her head before plugging her nose.

[Y/N] stared at the slug with disgust as he felt bile rising in his throat from the sheer grossness of it all.

"I woke up early for this." He thought, backing away from the slug, "I left my coffee for this. I couldn't even grab my hoodie, I'm in no way mentally, or physically prepared to even deal with this right now."

"Yes, it doesn't get much more inspiring than the trash slug." Eda continued, ignoring the teens' disgust. She climbed unto the corpse as she spoke.

"It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside," she pulled a rubber chicken from the trash slug's mouth, before moving deeper into the corpse.

"Until, BLAM, it gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt. And then we get to sell the stuff it ate." She pulled out a pickaxe and held it towards them.

Luz looked at Eda pleadingly, "Please don't make me."

King walked away from the teens, "Aw, come on you guys," He unfurled a towel and laid on it, "It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass."

Toothless followed King to his beach spot. The said cat, like his owner, was also disgruntled about being woken up that earlier and was now getting ready to take a nap.

[Y/N] gagged slightly before breathing in shakily and slowly backing away "E-excuse me, for a moment." And with that took his temporary leave.

"Ah, nuts to you three." Eda said, rolling her eyes as she swung her pickaxe at the slug

"So, Eda..." Luz started before closing her eyes as the sound of glass shattering rang out

"What if we tried some new lessons for [Y/N] and I's apprenticeship? Like..." she paused again as another item crashed.

"Read ancient scrolls or mix together potions, or-"

Eda groaned in annoyance as she tossed more stuff out of the trash slugs mouth and continued to rummage, "Ugh. That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff."

"Wait. Is there a magic school here?" Luz asked enthusiastically "Like, winding towers, cute uniforms, dark plots that threaten your life kind of magic school?" She finished clasping her hands excitedly.

At that moment [Y/N] returned to the group, looking slightly better than before he left. He noticed Luz's excited look and was immediately confused, "What's going on?"

"Wait, where did you go?" Luz asked, just realizing her friend's disappearance.

"Oh, I just needed to go get some fresh air. Kinda felt sick earlier. I'm okay now though." He quickly added seeing Luz's worried look. "So what happened. You looked pretty excited."