Chapter 4: Even monsters have hearts

A/n: I tell ya, choosing a winner WASN'T easy. So I picked one of the winners at random and Mario Kart 8 won. Coin train for the win!

Y/n pov:

Yang: So let me get this straight... You somehow managed to almost erase yourself from existence by blowing up a giant power plant? BADASS! And now your twin sister, whom you never wanted to be associated with again for justifiable reasons, somehow managed to follow you after seven years?

Y/n: That is the gist of it... By the way, you said you were from Beacon, correct? I hope my Comet Observatory's being here hasn't disturbed anything.

Ruby shrugs her shoulders before looking at an acoustic guitar I made. Suddenly, I hear mom outside. She must've decided to come visit me.

Salem: Y/n? Are you here?

Y/n: One minute. I'm in the library, mom.

She walks in, seeing the surprised looks on Team RWBY's faces.

Salem: Oh there you are Y/n! *sigh* It takes forever to find you sometimes

Salem: Oh there you are Y/n! *sigh* It takes forever to find you sometimes... I see you have some friends.

Y/n: Yup. Allow me to humbly introduce you to Team RWBY.

Salem: I know. Cinder, remember? Regardless, it's nice to meet the four of you in person. My name is Salem. Queen of the Grimm.

All of their faces immediately go pale with fear. A bit too soon to drop that bomb on them, but oh well. Good to see she likes the casual clothes I made using my needles and some spare Grimm Drider silk.

Y/n: Don't worry friends. Mom's not completely Grimm. I mean, if she was she would not have a soul. Hey mom. Want me to fix up some of that ice cream cake you like so much?

Salem: Yes please!

Yang: ICE CREAM CAKE!? ME WANT!!!

Ruby smacks the back of Yang's head in comedic fashion. These two... They're like me and Cinder. Must be a sibling thing. Not that I'd know for certain... No. I can't think of THEM... Not right now...

Salem: *sigh* Flashbacks?

Y/n: Yeah... Is it so bad that I wish they'd just leave me in peace? I don't even WANT to hurt them for what they've done anymore. I just want to be without the weight of the "Gremory" name being pressed down on my back all the time... Sorry about that, I tend to ramble on things. I'll go make the ice cream cake now...

And off I go. Tears almost falling, but not quite... Ever since I got some semblance of emotion back, all I feel when I think of THEM is what's left of my SOUL beginning to crack. Maybe it left a mental scar? I'm unsure... I just want the pain to go away...

Salem pov:

Yang: Poor guy...