Macey was like a shrew. She never thought that Lamont would be released from the police station quietly, nor did she think that her lawyer would actually follow Lamont!

“Mrs. Byron, please remain calm!”

The judge was snapping his gavel continuously and had to announce a short adjournment.

A few bailiffs worked together to pull Macey out of the court.

“It’s annoying all day long.” The judge coughed twice. Just now, he had been shouting and trying to maintain order, which made him feel thirsty. He had been working for so many years, and this was the first time he had seen such a situation.

Amelie went to the waiting room where Sasha and Gina were at. They had the same shocked expression on their faces.

“There’s going to be a good show. Just wait and see.” Amelie knew that Lamont had found evidence and wanted to make things difficult for Macey in public.

Sasha had a look of relief after surviving a disaster. “Oh my goodness! I just found out that the lawyer of the defendant was Jasper! If not for the episode, I might have no

chance to win the lawsuit.”

“Jasper?”

“Yes. He is a top lawyer in Lionale Law Firm. He has a silver tongue and can turn black

into white.”

“Is he so powerful?”

Amelie nodded thoughtfully. She rejoiced that her decision to help Lamont was right.

As they were talking, they heard a noisy argument in the next room.

“This is fake!”

“The evidence is here. How dare you say that it is fake?”

“Lamont, are you…”

Amelie was a little curious. She slipped to the next room and wanted to look inside.

There was a group of people in the room, and Macey’s voice came from the crowd. It

seemed that she was surrounded in the middle.

“The tape shows that you have got sodium cyanide from someone else! You are still quibbling!”

“I told you. It was my brother who got it, and it has nothing to do with me.”

“Your brother? Are you talking about Mr. Aylward? We checked his whereabouts that day. He had no time to give you the poison.”

“Couldn’t he ask someone to send it to me?”

“Mr. Aylward does not have such a source. The person who sent you the poison is your adulterer, right?”

Adulterer?

Amelie was shocked. She did not expect that there would be so many unknown things

behind the case.

“Uh…

Macey didn’t know what to say.

She indeed had a lover, who was a spy planted by Willard in the underworld. That was also why they had the opportunity to frame the unlucky scapegoat for smuggling at the

interview.

Macey glanced at Lamont. Lamont’s face darkened completely, and no one could tell what he was thinking.

Jasper continued to confront Macey with the document in his hand. “According to our investigation, Mr. Aylward has nothing to do with your lover. Your lover obtained the sodium cyanide from the underground market!”

“Yes! That’s right! He indeed bought it from the underground market. But he is related

to Willard!”

Macey was willing to give up, and she threw caution to the wind.

In any case, she had been investigated by Lamont, and she was going to die with

Willard.

“Macey, are you saying that I have a relationship with your lover?”

Amelie was fascinated by what she heard and didn’t notice that another person was

standing beside her.

It was Willard!

“That’s right! Don’t you admit it?”

Macey pointed at Willard and shouted at the top of her voice. It was as if as long as

Willard was involved, others‘ attention and condemnation of her would reduce.

“What are you talking about, Macey? I don’t even know that you have a lover. How could it have anything to do with me?” Willard was telling the truth, and there was a hint of sorrow in his eyes.

“Macey, you are muddle–headed. Why didn’t you tell me in advance that you had done such a thing? I can help you.”

“Willard, you…”

Macey wanted to approach Willard in a frenzy, yet she was controlled by the bailiffs and

could not move.