39

Chapter 39 Appeal

Lamont suddenly realized that he was actually somewhat reluctant to part with that arrogant woman.

How could it be?

He shook his head, as if he wanted to throw this absurd idea out of his mind.

However, the more he wanted to forget about this idea, the deeper the figure of Amelie imprinted in his mind.

“Mr. Byron.” The assistant, who had already left, returned to the office with a note. “I don’t know who left the note for you.”

Lamont raised his eyebrows. He had seen so many tricks like this. He was now able to stay cool.

“I won’t look at it. Tear it up directly.”

“Ah?”

The assistant was just about to express his surprise when he immediately shut his mouth.

Whatever the boss said, he would do as the boss instructed.

The small piece of paper was quickly stuffed into the shredder, turning into a pile of fragments.

What Lamont didn’t know was that he missed an important piece of information because of this mistake.

“Macey, this…”

At the same time, in the villa, Leila looked at a video that popped out of nowhere on her phone. It was actually the video of her replacing the medicine on the night of Draven’s death and Macey arranging for someone to bribe Jorge.

All the evidence was presented in front of her!

Macey also received it. As an old fox who had been undercover for many years in the Byron family, she didn’t panic at

all on the surface. But she was actually a little nervous.

Most of the evidence shown in the video had already been destroyed, especially the call record. It was encrypted, and an alien number was used to prevent being overheard.

But now, it seemed that everything they did meant nothing. The evidence was found easily.

Macey secretly clenched her fists. She believed that Amelie pretended to be kind and pitiful when she lived with the

Byron family!

She believed that Amelie monitored them to threaten her with those dirty things that couldn’t be exposed!

Amelie took half of the properties of the Byron family. Macey suspected that Amelie wanted to use the same trick to get something from herself and Leila!

They sat together and saw the last picture.

It was a summons from the court, and the date was a week later. The note was about the appeal to the mysterious disappearance of Draven.

At this time, Leila could no longer sit still. She threw her phone far away and wrapped herself tightly in a blanket, shrinking back on the sofa.

“I don’t want to go to court! I didn’t do it at all!”

“Help me! I really didn’t do it!”

Chapter 39 Xppeal

1/3

She pounced on Macey and hugged her arm tightly. Now, she could only rely on Macey.

“Alright, alright. Don’t worry. How could I really let you be put in jail?” Macey could only try to calm her down.

She must hide it from Lamont. Otherwise, it would be difficult for Lamont and Leila to live in the same space peacefully, let alone get married.

At the thought of it, Macey couldn’t help but sweat on her back.