117

Chapter 117 Oakland Club

Ring!

Early in the morning, Amelie rubbed her fluffy hair and sat up. She was woken up by the noisy ringtone of her cell phone.

“What time is it? Who dared to disturb me early in the morning?”

Amelie got up a little angrily and found that the message was from Lamont.

Lamont: “There are new clues about the matter of the Aylward family. Come out and meet?”

www

Amelie chuckled. She wondered what Lamont knew so as to contact her.

Without Lamont, could Amelie not find out anything about the Aylward family?

Amelie: “Mr. Byron, if you want to exchange information with me about the Aylward family, we can contact each other on the phone.”

Amelie angrily sent the message over. It was fine if Lamont didn’t appear in front of her. As soon as he appeared, Amelie would think of what happened in the hospital that day.

It was ridiculous. Amelie wondered when Lamont became so greasy.

“This woman!”

Lamont was also in a bad mood. This was the first time in his life that someone dared to refuse him. In Lamont’s eyes, a woman like Amelie was not worthy of refusing him.

Lamont was pissed off for no reason. It was as if the more Amelie was defiant, the more

restless he felt.

However, with Lamont’s personality, he would never admit that he was shameless. In

his eyes, the shameless one was definitely Amelie.

Lamont: “Ms. Mullen, since you don’t want to know, forget it.‘

Lamont retorted. In any case, it was he who provided Amelie with the news of the Aylward family. She should thank him. How could she have such an attitude? Lamont

thought Amelie wasn’t sincere at all.

He was certain that it would not be long before that Amelie would put in a good word.

with him and ask him for information about the Aylward family.

But Lamont forgot that Amelie was no longer the woman who would beg him to do anything.

After throwing off her phone, Amelie got up and dressed up. She did not take what Lamont had just said to him to heart.

But she was stopped by Jeff before she reached the company.

How could these two men have news of the Aylward family at the same time?

Well, it was so easy to look into the Aylward family.

“Do you want to say that you also have news of the Aylward family?

“And you want me to buy you a meal?”

Jeff was stunned. Sure enough, he and Amelie were a perfect match as she could read his

mind.

“Ms. Mullen, you’re indeed smarter than ordinary people, but this meal is not for a

deal.”

Well, in that case, at least Jeff was much more righteous and gentlemanly than Lamont.

“Mr. Capet, since you’ve said so, I’ll be mean if I don’t treat you. Let’s go.”