111

Chapter 111 Amelie Is Jealous.

Seeing that Rex had returned victorious, Amelie smiled brightly and ran to Rex’s arms like a spoiled child.

“Let me see if my baby sister gets hurt.”

As soon as Rex came over, he was like he had regained some treasure after losing it. He checked Amelie to see if she got hurt.

However, in such a dangerous situation, which was even more dangerous than when she was kidnapped, Amelie was not injured at all, except that she looked a bit messy.

This was thanks to Lamont’s protection.

Although Lamont was not as annoying as he usually was, he had indeed risked his life to protect Amelie.

Her opinion of Lamont had subtly changed. That kind of protection was not fake.

Speaking of this, Lamont, who had just complained while running for his life, seemed to have not spoken since Rex and Sergio came.

The situation was too urgent. Just now, Amelie’s attention was focused on Rex fighting. with a group of black–clothed people. Lamont should not be so quiet.

Could it be that he did not want others to see his dusty and battered side and quietly

left?

Amelie inadvertently glanced to the side. If not for Sergio’s tall figure blocking half of Amelie’s line of sight, Amelie would have already noticed the abnormality.

Somehow, Amelie suddenly got strength and pushed Sergio to the side. She subconsciously threw herself at Lamont, who had already fainted on the ground.

“Lamont, wake up!”

Lamont’s lips were blue, and his face was shockingly pale. His white shirt was stained

with a lot of blood, and most of it was his own blood.

Amelie almost forgot that this stubborn man was seriously injured. In short, he bled a

lot, so much that people would be afraid when they saw it.

“Rex, Sergio, hurry and save him!”

Amelie furrowed her brows. It was the first time that Rex and Sergio had seen Amelie act so seriously. They were both stunned on the spot.

Sergio was angry and aggrieved. When he came, he saw Lamont, who was just a jinx. He wouldn’t feel pitiful when such a jerk died, and Lamont was not worthy of being with

Amelie.

Therefore, he deliberately blocked Amelie’s line of sight, so that when Lamont fainted because of his serious injuries, Amelie did not have any reaction.

“Amelie, why did you care so much about him? Have you forgotten who is to blame for what you suffered in the Byron family?”

“That’s right! Why should we save him? He deserves it. We should take you home now. Our parents and Aaron are worried about you.”

When Amelie said that she wanted to save Lamont, Rex and Sergio disagreed. A heartless man like him was not worthy of Amelie’s sympathy at all.

“This is different. Back then, I was indeed stupid to take a fancy to him. I also remember how he treated me in the Byron family. However, he saved me today. I don’t want to

owe him.”

Rex and Sergio looked at each other. In the end, it was because Amelie was too

soft–hearted!