Chapter 29

❄️❄️❄️

Wooyoung was sitting by the kitchen counter. His finger tips mindlessly tapped on the table top while waiting for the coffee pot to finish brewing his morning coffee.
He was still thinking about the previous night where San got tipsy and then confessed to him out of nowhere. Most of all, he couldn't stop thinking about their first kiss; how San became Wooyoung's first-ever-kiss.

The ravenette moved his hand to touch his own cheek and then his lips, just as he could still feel the ghosts of San's thumb moving gently against his cheek and his lips softly brushing over his own.
It melted Wooyoung's heart every time, at how gentle San treats him as if Wooyoung was the most fragile thing to exist on the surface of the earth.

Everything that happened last night kept replaying inside the younger boy's head like a beautiful, yet unbelievable dream.

That morning, he had woken up to a peacefully sleeping San by his side, snuggled up to him like a kitten. To make things even more heart warming, Byeol had snuck into San's room to occupy a sleeping spot between the two boys, curling into the small space that was available; just as she always does.
That moment, the warm feeling crept inside his chest was something Wooyoung never wanted to forget in his lifetime.
In Wooyoung's head, living a life while sharing his everything with San and Byeol for the rest of his life, was something beyond perfection.

But there was a shadow of doubt in his heart, that kept on troubling him even after everything finally happened just as he always wished for.

'Will San remember any of these when he wakes up?'

"G'morning! Isn't your coffee done, over there?"
Wooyoung didn't know that San was already up until he heard his voice and felt his small hands gently squeezing Wooyoung's shoulders from behind.

"Oh, G'morning, Sanni! I was about to get it", Wooyoung said, coming out of his trance to look at the older boy.

"Wait, I'll get it for you", San leaned down to quickly peck the younger boy's forehead before moving towards where the coffee maker was placed.
San's unexpected gesture made goosebumps to emerge all over Wooyoung's body, slightly lifting the weight of the doubt that roamed inside his mind.

He filled up Wooyoung's cup with the freshly brewed coffee and placed it in front of the ravenette, taking a seat right across where the other was sitting.

"Thanks Sanni. How is your headache?", Wooyoung asked, still feeling a giddy sensation in his heart.

"It hurts a little. But I took the painkillers you left on my bed side. So, it'll go away soon I guess ", San rested his elbow on the table, placing his face on his palm to look at the Younger with hearty eyes.

"Why- are you looking at me like that?", Wooyoung asked in a small voice, feeling shy with San's soft gaze upon him.

"How can someone look so elegant early in the morning, hmm?", San chimed, making Wooyoung almost choke on the sip of coffee he drank in.

"I guess you didn't see your own reflection yet, then", Wooyoung responded with a playful smile.

"Hey~ not fair ", San giggled, shaking his head.

Both of them went silent for a moment.

"Young-ah...I am so sorry...about last night", San sounded guilty, as he said the next minute.

"About what, San..?", Wooyoung's brows furrowed at the sudden apology. A knot formed in his guts with so many negative thoughts flooding into his mind. Wooyoung's heart was now beating in a thousand beats per second pace.