Chapter 4

❄️❄️❄️

Leaving the car behind, Wooyoung started to walk down the side walk, mindlessly. The cold wind and the falling snow made the crying boy shiver in cold. Everything that happened a while ago started to flow back into his mind, replaying like a horror movie.
The harshness of Solar's words, the anger in her voice, hatred in her eyes, everything was flashing in his mind driving him crazy. How could she do this to him. How was he supposed to prevent all of them from happening. Only if he knew, Solar wasn't the one for him. That she was a horrible person no one should ever even let her come near to their lives. So he wouldn't have end up in this pit of sadness and unbearable pain.

Wooyoung couldn't stop the tears flowing down. He soon started sobbing, letting out all of his emotions.
The endless sobs eventually lead the poor boy in to panic, slowly making him hard to breathe anymore. He couldn't walk much far away from his vehicle, collapsed down only few meters away from it, right where he was standing. He sat on the ground and moved his legs closer to his body and hugged them.

The panicking boy was now trying to catch his breath, slightly rocking back and forth to calm himself down. But he slowly started to feel dizzy making him realize that he needed help.
Wooyoung tried to look around shivering, to seek some help but his blurry eyes wasn't allowing him. He managed to take his phone out with his frozen hands to dial the first closest person he could think of at the moment. His neighbour, Kim Hongjoong. But before he could press the call button, he fell unconscious.

Not long after, he felt someone gently shaking him.

"Hey, can you hear me?...are you okay?..."

That person started to rub Wooyoung's hands against his, trying to warm him up. Wooyoung tried to open his eyes and answer, but he couldn't.
It is when he felt something warm wrapping around his neck, bringing much warmth to his cold body. The only thing he could remember for the last time after that was the gentle voice of the young boy who tried to wake him up and his contrasting pink colour hair which even a blind person could notice.
Soon after he passed out, again.

~

After a couple of hours when Wooyoung fully regained his consciousness, he was lying on a bed at Hongjoong's apartment.

"Wooyoung.. how are you feeling now? You worried me to death", Hongjoong walked to the lying boy and held his hand warmly

"My head...It.. hurts so bad", the younger boy groaned in pain.

"But.. how did you get me to here. I thought I couldn't make it to call you", he slowly got up from lying, to lean back to the headboard of the bed.

"What were you thinking when you walked out in this cold weather even without a proper jacket covering your body. Of course you couldn't call me. Luckily, some stranger found you and called me from your phone", Hongjoong complained, being the caring older brother he had always been for Wooyoung for the past six months he spent with Solar as his apartment-mate.

"He told me that he found the car key lying on the ground next to you, along with your phone with my contact already displaying. So he had looked for the car and carried you inside it to switch on the car heater, so it could warm you up. After doing all that, he called me asking to escort you from there", Hongjoong said as he reach to the bed side table to grab a mug of hot chocolate he made for the younger.

"When I came to pick you, he had gone. So I couldn't thank him properly or ask for any of his details. It's like, an angel was sent from the above to rescue you from freezing to death in that road side. Here, drink this and warm up. Your hands are still kinda cold ", the older boy handed the mug to Wooyoung's hands.
The younger took it with his both hands, loving the smell and the warmth of the hot chocolate.

"I guess I was lucky. But, I am pretty sure he isn't an angel. Only if angels are allowed to dye their hair bright pink", Wooyoung smiled slightly, before taking a sip from the hot drink.

"Did you see his face?", Hongjoong asked as he sat down next to Wooyoung on the bed.

"Not really, unfortunately. But I just remembered his hair. Whoever that was, I am glad he found me", Wooyoung said, just realizing the warm feeling around his neck.

There was a scarf wrapped around there, which surely wasn't something belonged to him. He gently removed it with one hand, to notice it to be a cozy black colour scarf with white colour tiny cat figures printed on it randomly.
'It's cute' , Wooyoung thought while feeling the soft texture of the material with his cold hand.

"I guess this belongs to him. I hope I'll bump into him oneday so I can thank him for saving my life", Wooyoung said in a tired voice before putting the scarf back around his neck.

"Yeah, you Better. I would love to meet him too. He surely must be a nice guy", Hongjoong said shooting a smile at the other.

"By the way, I thought you went out with Solar today. where is she?"

Hongjoong's question brought back the bitter memory of what happened in the evening, making Wooyoung's head hurt more.

"She moved in...with someone else, hyung"
That's all Wooyoung said for the time being before lying back to sleep his pain away.

~

After couple of days from the incident, Wooyoung ended up revealing everything happened that day to his dear neighbour.

"I am really so sorry about what happened Wooyoung. I was clueless that you were going through such a heart break. I feel even more sad now because I have to move from here in a couple of days too", Hongjoong said to the boy who came back straight from college to meet him at his apartment.

"Oh, you are going to your boyfriends place, right?", Wooyoung said trying to hide his sad face.

"Hmm, I am so sorry, I have to. He had been asking me to do so for a long time now. So I can't postpone it anymore. I hope you-"

"It's okay hyung. Don't worry. I'll be fine. You are not going too far right?", Wooyoung forced a smile, not wanting the sweet older to worry about him more.

"Nah, it's only few blocks away from here. I'll stop by from time to time. I promise", Hongjoong hugged the obviously sad younger boy.

"Any time hyung. Thank you!", the younger hugged him back.

❄️❄️❄️
____________________________________________
0

3/01/2023