Chapter 11

❄️❄️❄️

Wooyoung was shredding tears in his bed. Wrapped in his cozy blanket while hugging his fox pillow so tight.
That photo strip wasn't from long ago. It was from the day after Solar's last birthday, when they went together to spend a good Sunday outside in the park, to enjoy all the autumn flowers Solar loved; Chrysanthemum, Asters, Dahlia and Pansies.
Before they left, they decided to take those pics from the photo booth inside the park. Wooyoung handed that only copy the machine printed out to Solar, hoping she would cherish it.
Obviously, Wooyoung was wrong. She left it behind like garbage. Like something she won't even mind to take a second look at. So, Wooyoung didn't want to cherish it either. He wanted it to disappear. Just the way he wants all those memories of her to disappear from his life.
He buried his face into the pillow more and covered his ears. Trying to forget everything.

But not long after, the vibration escaped from his phone, made him pull away his face from the pillow with a frown. It was a message from an unknown number. He tapped the notification to reveal something that brought a little smile to his face.

"Hi Woo~ It's me, San ^^ How r u feeling now :) ?"

Wooyoung stared at the massage for a moment before saving the new number as, "Choi San ^^".
He sat on the bed and leaned back to the headboard, hoping that having a little chat with the other boy would distract him from all the sad thoughts. He started with a little lie, or a big one you could say.

"I am feeling much better, San. Thank you for checking on me :)"

"I am really hoping that you aren't lying right now"

"When are you moving in?"

"Please don't try to change the subject now. Tell me, are you really okay? Can I call you? 🥺"

'He is such a care-bear', Wooyoung smiled at San's last massage. He had stopped sulking even without him knowing.

"Yeah, sure", Wooyoung typed and sent.
Even before a minute passed, the younger boy's phone started to ring. Wooyoung weakly answered the call.

"Hello San"
"Hey~ Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I am fine. Don't worry"
"Hmm.. but your voice..you kinda sound tired. Did I disturb you?"
"No San. I was just lying on the bed. So, tell me. How did you like the apartment?"
"I loved the place and I am so excited to move in. I feel like we are going to be good friends too..hehe"

San's little giggle again made the other automatically smile.

"I think so too, San. You are really kind to me. Thank you again for that. I kinda... rarely get that.."

The sudden change of the younger's voice made San worry again.

"Hey, Why would you say that? Is everything okay??"
"Sorry, I didn't mean to worry you. I guess I am a bit tired. That's all."
"Hmm.. okay. I am planning to move in with my stuff tomorrow morning. Will you be there tomorrow?"
"I am afraid I have classes in the morning. But I'll send you the door's passcode. You can just come over. Now it's your place too, so it's okay"

Wooyoung sounded as if he was smiling with the last sentence, which made the older boy feel much relieved.

"Thanks Woo. Ah, And there is one more important thing I forgot to ask you"
"What is it?"
"Well, do you mind if I bring a pet along with me. Actually I am only keeping her till I return her to its owner. Maybe for a couple of days or weeks"
"Oh, i don't mind. I actually love animals"
"Really? It's a cat by the way"
"Ah- yeah, San"

Wooyoung felt a little sting in the heart. 'Nora', he instantly thought about his baby he lost.

"Are you sure? Coz I don't want to bring her in if it makes you uncomfortable"

'Wooyoung you need to move on. Just hang in there', the younger's inner voice tried to comfort him. He nodded to him self and took a deep breath in

"I am- totally fine with it Sanni"
"Oh, did I hear a nickname??", San giggled softly.
"Ah, sorry. It just slipped out of my mou-"
"No, I love it!! Seonghwa hyung and my omma call me that. It's nice to hear you say it too. Hehe.."

San's little giggles continued to make the other smile. He was right. Talking to San did make him feel much better for some reason.

"Okay, 'Sanni',.. see you tomorrow then?", Wooyoung smiled as he said.

"Yeah! See you Woo.Take care. Bye byeee~"

'How much energy does he have to be that cheerful all the time. It's kinda cute though'. Wooyoung thought to himself before greeting the other and hanging up.

"You too, Take care Sanni. Bye!"

After having a heartwarming conversation with his new friend, Wooyoung felt a little more light-hearted than before. He dragged himself out of his bed to have a quick shower and get ready for his afternoon class. He managed to spend the rest of the day trying to collect himself together, wishing the life starting after the following day to be better for him. Specially with his new company.

~

The next day San woke up earlier than usual to make sure he packed all his belongings the previous night, so he could move to his new place without leaving anything behind.
As he was sitting on the living room floor packing the last box, he got distracted from a scratching sound coming near the sofa.

"Byeol-ah..you woke up?", He smiled looking at the cat who was busy playing with an empty cardboard box lying on the floor. She was lost in her own world. San got up to pick his phone from the coffee table. It was 7.10am. He made his way to his room and plopped on the bed.
He took a good look around the room he used to live one year under Seonghwa's great care. He felt more than grateful for his cousin brother.

But now, he is ready to start living a more independent life in a new place. Feeling like a real adult with a new company ; with someone who felt oddly dear to him since their first encounter, despite the fact that he only met him literally two times. San barely knew Wooyoung, but thinking about him made San feel warm in his heart.

'Why am I like this?', San shook his head and fell back to his bed smiling. From the corner of his eyes he noticed Wooyoung's photo strip placed on his night stand. San reached to grab it and looked through it again, carefully.

'Should I throw this away?'
'Who is she?', San kept scanning all the pictures with furrowed brows, to the point where now he can remember every small detail of all 4 photos.

'Why would I even care?', suddenly the question hit San's head. He got up and glanced at the bin to throw it away. But, his mind didn't let him. Instead, he let out a frustrating sigh and slid the photostrip into his opaque phone case, securing it well between the phone and the case without being visible outside.

"Good morning San ah! Already going to leave?", Seonghwa peeked into his room still in his pajamas and bed hair.

"Good morning hyung! Just going through the final check for my stuff. I'll leave as you leave for work. Going to make breakfast?"

"Yup Sanii. What would you like to have?"

"Let's make something we both like. Wait, I'll come to help you"

San followed Seonghwa to the kitchen.

❄️❄️❄️

______________________________________________

30/01/2024