Chapter 16

❄️❄️❄️

It wasn't snowing heavily that morning ; but it was cold from the small breez continuously moving through the college premises from time to time. Still, it was bearable for both boys who were dressed so warmly.
They walked side by side on the little walking path that leads them to the library. Wooyoung kept stealing glances at the taller boy who was walking so close to him; radiating a little warmth to his cold body. He smiled to himself slightly, hiding his face up to his nose under the cozy scarf San gifted him that morning. He buried his cold hands deep into his jacket pockets and continued to walk next to San, leaving small footprints on the snowy walking path.

The very next moment, when Wooyoung opened his eyes, he was wrapped around in a pair of familiar arms, right above the snow covered ground. He had missed his step, causing him to slip on the snowy path. But luckily, he had ended up in San's strong arms, who was quick enough to react to the little accident.

"You okay, Woo?, San asked immediately. looking at the younger with a concerned look, despite the fact that his own heart was pounding crazily inside his ribcage.

Their faces were only inches away from each other right before Wooyoung found his way back on to his legs in the speed of light. He felt embarrassed at how clumsy he was all the time.
He nodded vigorously, trying to hide his reddened face more under his scarf.

"At this rate, I am going to lose the count of times you have saved my life Sanni. I owe you big time", Wooyoung said in a small voice. The younger sounded grateful but sad at the sametime. He felt oddly disappointed at the feeling of San's gentle arms leaving their place around from his body

"That's good. Because I don't want you to feel burdened thinking about the past. You owe me nothing Woo. I am sure you would have done the same for me if I were in your place", San smiled and patted the shorter boy's head gently before putting his hands into his own pockets.

"Let's quickly go inside. I don't want you to catch a cold", San said fondly, allowing the younger to lead their way to the library.
Not going to lie, Wooyoung had started to feel concerned about the undescribable feelings he was experiencing whenever he was around the older. He worried about how warm and happy he feels whenever San is by his side and how quickly those feelings turn around by one-eighty, right when he distances himself from Wooyoung.

He is slowly getting attached to San, which he felt so right but so wrong at the same time. Wooyoung always wanted to have a close friend, yet he was afraid of getting hurt. Not again in the way he already did. No, never. He shook his head.

'Maybe I am overthinking, again', He tried to shake away his thoughts diverting them back to what was concerning him more at the time, just when he entered the library. His upcoming exams.!

~

San drove back home to spend the rest of his day alone, not having anything special to do while Wooyoung is away. He decided to plop down on the sofa and read a book until he started to feel sleepy. A sudden weight on his lap jolted him out of his sleepy daze.

"Hey princess~", San smiled at Byeol, who had invaded his personal space out of nowhere. That's when he remembered that he is not alone after all.

"Meow~", the familiar fond whine escaped from the little feline, making him reach his hand to gently comb through her fluffy fur, earning a couple more wines from the cat for being the cuddle bug she is. San placed the book he had in his hand on the nearby teepoy before getting up to move to his bedroom, cradling Byeol in his embrace.

San was sleepy. The cold weather, lack of interesting things to engage with and the soft purrs escaping from Byeol against his chest made him want to do nothing but curl up in the bed and sleep till he feels like doing something productive again.