Chapter 7

❄️❄️❄️

"Hyung, I am back~", San let Seonghwa know as soon as he entered the apartment. The older peaked out of the kitchen door with a ladle in his hand.

"Hey Sanni, sorry I made you rush outside in this cold. I just forgot those few things to buy-", Seonghwa swallowed his next words as soon as he saw what San was holding in his hands.

"Surprise!?", San said with a sheepish smile.

"Is that..a cat?!?", Seonghwa sprinted into the kitchen to turn off the stove, then returned at the speed of light to witness Byeol comfortably sleeping in San's arms.

"I found her on my way back, hiding in a bush, freezing in the cold. I couldn't left her behind like that hyung. Please let me just keep her with me till I find her owner. She has a collar, so maybe her home is close by". San explained everything in one breath, wishing the older won't get mad at him. As soon as he finished telling, he gave Seonghwa the puppy dog eyes of him which his cousin could never say no to.

"Yah Sanni, no need of giving that doe eyes to me. She can stay here as long as she wants", Seonghwa giggled.

"Thanks hyung! You are the best!!!", San leaned and attacked his cousin's cheek with a quick peck, earning a playful slap at his shoulder in return from the older.

"Heyyy!!!", Seonghwa yelled, pretending to wipe away San's kiss, making the other giggle.

"Let me go get a box for her. So she can sleep cozily", Seonghwa turned to walk towards the store room to find an empty cardboard box.

"But, she can sleep in my room next to me. I don't mind. Right, Byeol??", San asked the cat, who lifted her head up hearing San's voice.

"Byeol? That's her name?? But the name tag in her collar is missing, right?" , Seonghwa peaked at the cat's neck as he asked.

"I gave her that name hyung. I mean, Look at her eyes. They are just like starts", San said looking at the cat with hearty eyes and softly rubbed under its chin. Instantly the cat started purring.

"That's cute Sanni. But I tell you, don't get too attached to her. Clearly she has an owner and eventually you have to give her away, right?", Seonghwa smiled and patted San's face with love before returning to the kitchen.

"I'll heat up some milk for her. She must be hungry. You can just go, wash up and change to come and have dinner. Food's almost ready"

"Okay hyung. Thanks", San looked at the cat, realizing what the older said. 'He is right. Byeol has to leave us as soon as we find her owner. But still, how to not love her when she instantly bonded with me like this?', San thought to him self as he walked to his room carrying the cat in his arms.

~

After feeding Byeol, the two cousins sat on the table for dinner. Byeol jumped on to the sofa and started playing with a soft toy lying there, by herself.

"Mmm... The pasta you made tastes really good hyung!", San said as he takes a bite from his food.

"Thanks Sanni. Eat well~", Seonghwa said before reaching to grab a tissue paper.

"You are still like a little kid", The older said chuckling as he wiped some pasta sauce San had on the corner of his upper lip.

"I am not~", San said with a pout and took the tissue from Seonghwa's hand to wipe it by himself.

"Okay, if you say so, big boy!", Seonghwa smirked, wanting to tease his baby brother.

"No hyung I am serious. I am glad we came to this topic actually. I was planning to talk about this with you anyways", San said stuffing his mouth with another big bite of food.