Chapter 8

❄️❄️❄️

Leaving his college lectures behind, Wooyoung spent the next two complete days looking for Nora. He searched every single alley in the neighborhood, asking every single stranger he met infront of him, showing them a picture of Nora he took from his mobile phone not so long ago. He was so desperate, not wanting to think Nora left him just the way Solar did.

The first day Hongjoong joined him. But the second day the younger had to go through it alone as Hongjoong's boss didn't allow him to take another leave from his work one after another. Saddening the younger boy more, he couldn't find a single clue about his lost pet even after two days of search. As he was now weakly dragging him self back to his apartment, a vehicle pulled over by him.

"Wooyoung there you are!!..get in", a familiar voice made him look at that way. It was Hongjoong.

"Hyung", Wooyoung got into the car, allowing the older to start driving themselves back to their apartment's direction.

"I called you so many times, why didn't you answer your phone?!? Did you find any news about Nora?"

"Sorry hyung, I didn't mean to worry you. I couldn't find anything"

"Well you DID worry me Woo. i got scared when I didn't hear from you. So I talked to my boss and took an off from my everything shift. Are you okay? I am so sorry I couldn't come to help you today and you couldn't find anything about her ", Hongjoong said as he pulled over to their apartment's driveway.

"It's okay hyung. It isn't your fault", Wooyoung gently squeezed Hongjoong's hand to reassure.

"Maybe I should give up on her too. Maybe she left me for good. So I can forget everything about Solar. Start a new life without any traces of her around me", he paused.

"Maybe I should move from here too, to somewhere else", he said looking in the direction of his apartment with tear filled eyes.

"Woo, listen to me. None of the things happened was your fault. It wasn't you who acted like a heartless human going around taking revenge from people who did nothing wrong to you purposely. It wasn't your fault that you scored well at college. You worked hard for it and you deserved it. It's her problem that she can't live like a decent human being learning to accept both wins and losses in her life", Hongjoong was breathing hard as he said, feeling mad about the girl who left Wooyoung in this mess.
Wooyoung was looking at his hands on his lap with his head hanging low. The older took few deep breaths to calm himself down. He smiled at the latter before taking one of his hands.

"So listen. I have a good news for you. You know Seonghwa right? My boyfriend"

"Mmm hmm", younger nodded.

"His cousin brother is living with him at the moment. But he is looking for somewhere else to move in. Somewhere he can share with a collage student just like him. I heard he is from the same collage you are in and that he is a really nice kid. Why don't you consider having a new apartment mate. A good friend from your age. I really think It'll help you to forget everything and start a new life. So, what do you say?"

"I don't know hyung. I DO feel alone in the apartment. Seeing everywhere which used to be filled with so much happiness now being empty and abandoned. It does break my heart..."

"That is exactly why I am asking you to consider this. Even though you move to somewhere else, you will be alone again. Instead, it's better to have someone who you can trust around you. Specially when you are trying to get over a heartbreak"

"Life doesn't remain bad forever Woo. Eventually happiness finds us. I am pretty sure all of these happened because better things are coming your way". Wooyoung stayed silent for a while before responding.