Chapter 13

Kai's POV

It's been quite some time since a realised that Yue is the girl I have been talking online with and that she has feelings for me.

I was unsure if I should tell her about it or maybe, I just didn't know what to say.

But it's been so long and I can't avoid telling about it to her. I need to tell her and the sooner, the better.

Before I again change my decision regarding this, I called her and asked her if we could meet. I was seriously too nervous and anxious.

I think I worried her too, by calling her like this..

I sent the driver and started waiting for her in a park near my residence. There wasn't anyone around there..

As I was waiting, the fear of losing her just kept increasing..

In the past few days.. I have spent many memorable moments with her.. It's as if she has become so important to me.. that's not like me indeed but after all this time of trying to sort out what I was feeling, I have finally realised..

Whether I like it or not.. whether I accept it or not.. I have grown feelings for her...

And now.. the very thought of losing her because of me hiding a stupid truth.. it haunts me day and night..

Finally, she arrived and I was urged to leave this situation right here..

She came and stood before me and I took some deep breaths to compose myself and get ready to tell her the truth..

"Hey, what happened?? You really got me worried!" She said panting as she came rushing all the way from the car, crossing the whole park.

"Uh... I... Actually... Um..." I swear I had a whole script ready in my mind about what I would say but the moment she came and stood in front of me, it all was gone!

I couldn't think about how do I tell her, so I merely took my phone out of the pocket and opened the chats.

I held the phone in front of her, showing her our chats..

"What's thi-" she stopped in mid sentence as she noticed which chats were they....

Her eyes slowly widened with shock as she read the chats and glanced at me in between.

I could notice her eyes getting moist and I wanted to throw myself before a truck for hurting her!

"I'm really so-" she didn't let me complete my sentence as she held her hand as a gesture for me to stop...

Mixed emotions rised inside me as I felt guilty.. sad... And what not..

I stopped right where I was.. she turned around and attempted to compose herself while saying "Leave me alone... I don't want to talk for now..."

Fair enough.. she would want some time to process things..

A part of me was hoping that she will give me another chance... But another practical part of me knew well that she will be hurt......

"I... I'm leaving the driver with the car here... Don't go alone...." I said and started to exit the park.. that's when I saw a boy was about to enter the park.. I glared at him told him to leave, and he did...

Even after trying.. I couldn't bring myself to leave her alone... So I stayed around, to keep a watch on her...

Yue's POV

I don't know how to feel about it.... Kai is Kiara's friend.... He's been talking to me since all this time.. even when I met Kai in person.. he didn't tell me anything... Even when I told him about my crush.... He didn't tell me......

I was feeling terrible..... Betrayed..... Broken... Hurt..... And so many more feelings that I couldn't sort at the moment...

My eyes were stinging with tears.... He lied to me all this time....

I shared so many things with him... I trusted him.... And he didn't even tell me that he was Kai.....

After sometime, I wiped my tears, composed myself, the best I could and started walking out of the park and towards my home..... I don't want the car....

"Miss, please sit in the car and I will drop you home. It's not safe to go home alone at this hour." His driver said.

"I don't need any ride." I said still walking.

"Please Miss., I will lose my job if you go home alone." He insisted.

I had to give in because I couldn't let him suffer by him losing his job....

I reached home and went straight to my room...

Soon came Kiara's call but I didn't answer, then Maira started calling as well...

They both knew about it.. even they didn't tell...

After so many calls, I answered...

"Hey, you alright?" Asked Kiara. She sounded worried...

"You knew about it right? But even you didn't tell me!" I said hurt...

"We are really sorry about that.. But please atleast hear us out once.." Maira said.

"I don't want to talk about it for now.. I'll talk to you both later or I will say something that will hurt you guys..." I said and hung up..

I really trusted him.... But he has been hiding such a big thing from me...

I don't know what to do... My phone's screen blinked again to show a message notification from Kai... I glanced at the screen.. but didn't open the message... He was apologising...

I was trying to stop my tears... When something unexpected happened... I saw what I never thought that I would  see....