Chapter 2

Kai's Pov..

I opened the book as my mind wondered to what happened today. I was the least bit interested in attending that seminar but when I reached the hall, I saw a girl sitting on my seat.

I thought to meet the girl who is daring enough to take my place in the seminar. Soon enough, the volunteers suspected something and just then, I saw the same girl moving towards the exit.

What an interesting girl, she is going right into the trouble herself. I sighed and pulled her aside.

I was slightly surprised to see that the girl was Yue. I recognised her to be the girl from the school which is in front of our college. There's a science seminar going on today but she was at our college.

She seemed a bit irritating but nervous as she tried to find something to say. Soon, one of the volunteer came to me and questioned her that who she was. She was frozen so I thought to help her out this once.

I told that boy that she was with me and he left. She thanked me and left immediately.

It was good though, that she took my place there in that seminar, I don't like wasting my time in seminars like that.

When I reached home, something strange happened. Kiara's friend who has been texting me since some days now, texted me.

She told me about an incident in which she met her crush and he helped her out. Since then, I can't help but think that it sounds like a strange coincidence.

That can't be true, right? She can't possibly be the girl whom I met today and how can I possibly be... Urgh! Leave it!

I talked with Kiara for sometime and then now, here I am still wondering about my day. It doesn't happen so often that I keep thinking about something this much.

I still remember how it started. That day, Kiara and I met up at that cafe and that's when she suddenly got a class. She rushed to the college and that's when I noticed her phone on the table.

She forgot her phone with me. Even I had a class after sometime so I headed to the college and sat outside of her class in a bench. That's when a notification popped up on her phone screen.

I had known Kiara since some years and she is of reserved nature and doesn't make any friends. It was almost a miracle that someone messaged her. I thought it might be something urgent so looked at the window where she was already looking bored as the teacher was giving them some questions for the test.

She gave me a questioning look and I just showed her the phone with that notification on screen. She stood up and was about to exit the class. That girl really don't mind if they have a teacher in class or not. But the teacher  told her that she can't leave the test since the marks will be added in the finals.

She was glaring at the teacher and looked at me from the window. I went there as she whispered "It's gonna take me a while. You talk to her."

I was struck with lightning bolt. She really wanted me to talk to her friend and that too a girl!

"I'm not doing it. Do it when you are done with your test." I told her and she didn't even looked at me. Sure, that's Kiara for you. She just starts ignoring you if you say something she don't wanna hear.

I sighed and stomped my way to the bench again. I had to reply to that girl.

Hey, she's busy in her test. If there's anything urgent, you can tell me.

I didn't know why but that's what I texted.

Oh... Well then, tell her to text me when she gets free..

It was clear that she was upset about something and being her to be Kiara's friend, I couldn't help but get curious about it.

I insisted on talking further and soon enough, she shared the reason of her being upset with me.

After that day, we often talk and she shares her experiences of the everyday with me. She keeps getting more interesting the more I know about her.

It's been some months now. We still haven't told our names to each other but even without knowing this person, it feels that I know her well enough.

I tried to study for some more time but I just couldn't keep my mind on it.

Guess I'll just head out for a while for a stroll.

As I was wandering around, I saw a bunch of kids bullying a kitten. I felt annoyed at this but as I was about to go to them, I saw Yue approaching them.

She looked angry and started scolding them. The kids ran away and the kitten went to her. She took her in her hands caringly and sat on the grass on the riverside.

'Someone's getting interested in a girl finally~' I heard a voice which annoyed me.

"Shut up! There's nothing like that!" I said to him annoyed.

'If you don't like her, then why are you smiling, Kai ~?'

I was surprised at what Dranzer said but that was true... I was smiling without even noticing it.. I immediately composed myself again as I glanced at her again. She surely is interesting..