Chapter 3

Yue's pov

I was playing with a cute kitten when I heard some footsteps.

I just wanted some peace that's why I came to the river but first those kids and now whoever it is.

I turned around to see who it is, and there he was standing in front of me again.. he was looking at me with his face, void of any emotions yet, he seemed calm and relaxed or atleast I thought so.

As I looked at him, all the frustration I was feeling, vanished.

The kitten jumped out of my hands and went to him. He looked down at it for a couple of seconds and then, took it in his hands while caressing it.

I chuckled a bit and said "It seems to like you."

He looked at me with a faintest of smile and nodded slightly. With this, he glanced at the river and came to sit beside me while looking at the peaceful river.

The sun was ready to set in the horizon as we both sat there with a comfortable silence. I sneaked some peeks at him in between. His dual colour hair were blowing with the soft breeze while he was looking at the river which was reflecting beautiful hues of the sunrays.

"So, do you come here often?" I asked him.

He shrugged while keeping his gaze on the view before us. Then, his expressions softened a bit as he looked at the kitten while patting it lightly before saying "Sometimes. And you?"

I smiled. His answers are always short and straight to the point. Well, that's what make people curious to listen to you afterall. "I often come. It's so relaxing here. I like this place." I said looking at the setting sun.

"Hn." He nodded and enquired "you didn't want to choose science, did you?"

I looked at the sunset and smiled before replying "That's right. I am more interested in business.."

He looked at me for a couple of seconds before nodding understandingly "You can still do what interests you." He said.

I was surprised at those words as I looked at him questioningly.

"You just need to take a long way around to reach your goal and if you are adamant enough about it, you'll surely find yourself there in no time." He said and I felt my determination rising. I nodded with a smile and said "Thanks"

"Um.. you didn't seem to be much interested in that seminar. May I ask why was that?" I ask him still unsure if it was right of me to ask it or not.

He shrugged saying "I don't like these seminars. I'm studying commerce because I have to take over my family business soon."

"Then, what is it that 'you' want?" I queried, trying to put focus on 'you'.

He looked at me blankly but there was a tinge of confusion in his eyes "I never bothered to give it a thought."

"Well then, think about it now. What is it that you want to do? How do you want your future be like?" I questioned again.

He thought for sometime but didn't say anything so I thought to change the topic thinking that it might have bothered him.

"So, do you still do beyblading?" I asked.

He simply nodded and once again turned to look at the sunset.

After sometime, the sun completely set and the sky was now dark with some stars twinkling brightly.

Soon after, a car stopped nearby and a man in his late fifties came rushing to Kai.

"Master Kai, we've been looking for you since so long." The man said. I think he was his Buttler.

Kai looked at him coldly and nodded before turning to me.

"It's getting dark, we'll drop you home." He said and my heart started beating faster.

Kai! Seriously Kai offered to give me a ride to my home!

"No it's fi-" before i could even deny, he spoke up "Get in the car, we are going."

I stared between Kai and the car as he held the car's door open for me. He gestured me to get in and I quickly got inside.

I'm so nervous for some reason as I gave directions to the driver while sitting beside Kai in his car.

I glanced at him and I was blushing uncontrollably for some cause but due to the dim lights, he couldn't see me blushing. Thank goodness for that!

When the driver pulled the car before my house, I got out of the car and after bidding a goodbye, i entered the house.

There, my sister was sitting on the sofa with a grin. I raised an eyebrow at her questioningly as she giggled before speaking up.

"Who was it that dropped you just now?" She enquired.

I- she saw?!

"A friend" I said and decided to go to my room before she asks something else.

I think I should listen to some songs now.

I took out my phone and started playing some songs randomly.

While listening to songs, I blushed a bit in between as I was remembering Kai in every love song!

I opened another application and messaged Kiara's friend.

'You know! You know! You know! I talked with him today!! I'm so happy!!'

'That's nice. I hope you enjoyed it.' he replied, but I felt like he said that emotionlessly. I maybe wrong but I just couldn't shake off this feeling.

'So.. I was thinking of telling him finally, what do you think I should do?'

I asked him and waited for his reply.. 5 minutes passed.... 10 minutes too... And so on... I wonder if he's busy with something that's why he didn't reply.

Just then, a notification for recieving a message from him, popped up on the screen.