FIFTY-ONE

" it seemed like a good thing at the time "

Chapter 51:The Doctor, the Avengers and the lying Fury

Chapter 51:
The Doctor, the Avengers and the lying Fury

"Hey Mommy," Peter's timid voice spoke from the other side of the voice call. "When are you going to come back?"

Annabeth smiled at her son's voice, as she always inevitably did. It was a wonder, to lose a child and then get him back. She had never loved anyone as she had loved both Peter and Tony and most of the time, that was a scary thought. Especially because it was much easier to lose her family considering her line of work or the amount of enemies her boyfriend/ baby-daddy had. She was sure that Tony would protect them but even she believed there were limits to what all he could protect them from.

"Hey baby," she smiled, her eyes glancing at Loki in the cell. He was someone's kid too and wild thought ran in her mind, 'is it his parent's fault that he ended up becoming a killer?'. She quickly dismissed that thought. Tony and her were good parents. Peter was a great kid. "I miss you so much, bubs. Daddy and I will be home soon."

"Okay! Also today I got into a fight."

Annabeth's eyes opened wide. Fight? Her sweet innocent Peter? Her sweet innocent, skinny as a stick, Peter?

"What? How? Are you fine? Does May know?"

"I am fine, mommy, don't worry. I fought with Eugene today, he was being mean to Ned and I didn't like it. I asked him to stop and he pushed me, so really, I didn't fight I just stuck up for him!"

Annabeth grew more worried. Kids picking on Peter at school? "Do you want me to talk to the school, baby?"

"Uncle Ben already did. And then we got ice-cream!" Peter laughed, "Please come back soon! I miss you and dad. Dad said that he would help me with my science project when comes back."

"We will come back soon, sweetheart," Annabeth smiled at her kid as she walked back into the lab, seeing Tony sitting on the desk swinging his legs like a little kid. "Do you want to talk to dad?"

"Yes, please!"

"There you are. Where'd you go?" Tony asked eating yet another blueberry.

"Talking to Pete," she held out the phone, and then whispered, "He got into a fight."

Popping another blueberry in his mouth, Tony took the phone from Annabeth's hand, "Hey munchkin, what are you up to?"

It was so sweet to see Tony as a dad, him fitting into his role almost naturally. He was made to be all that his own father could not and for once, she was glad that in the end, everyone was their own person and not a reflection of their own parents and how they were brought up.

"Aw, I miss you too, buddy. Did you at least get one punch in?"

"Tony!" Annabeth chided and Bruce laughed. Annabeth had almost forgotten that he was there.