SEVEN

" start of something new "

Chapter 7:

Occasionally the trash

As expected, every time Tony released a 'new toy' to the world, both Pepper and Annabeth received tons of work to do

As expected, every time Tony released a 'new toy' to the world, both Pepper and Annabeth received tons of work to do. They had to schedule safety tests, board meetings, meetings with the army, demonstrations, interviews on magazines, newspaper, TV programs... and the list went on and on.

By the end of the month, Annabeth was exhausted.

The genius had been acting strange towards her lately — insisting she called him Tony and all. They both joked around like they used to as kids and it was annoying Pepper to no end... not that the strawberry-blonde ever complained.

The brunette glanced at the clock and noticed it was time to force Tony away, lock his house and get to her classes.

She vacated her office after meeting Pepper and met him on the hall that went into his room, all dressed in a red blood shirt holding his blazer on his hands and yellow light glasses.

"What happened?" she asked.

"What?" he answered cluelessly.

"You. All dressed and ready," He provided her a smug look.

"You underestimate me, Carter. You told me to get ready to go to Vegas," He smiled and gave her his blazer.

"You are not going there for fun, Tony," She spoke assisting him get dressed. Annabeth loved this. Ever since she gained peace with her feelings for him, she decided to enjoy the most of those little moments with him; it was an excuse to be closer to him and touch him without seeming inappropriate, "You are going there to receive an award. You will meet Obie at the Cezar's."

"Relax Annie— I've received thousands of awards; this is no different."

She finished fixing his blazer and turned to look at him as he spoke, "You should go with me."

"I have to finalize the preparations for your trip tomorrow. You won't be spending the night there."

"Why not? It's Las Vegas—" he argued pouting.

"Receive the award and get back here—"

"The most fun city in the world—"

"Your plane leaves to Afghanistan tomorrow morning—"

"It would be a waste not enjoy it—"

"Everything is arranged for the presentation in the Jericho—"

"I can divert the plane from there," He insisted.

"You will meet Rhodey at the Air Force and no— you won't sleep in Las Vegas. You will get back here."