FORTY-THREE

"I wanna tell you what you mean to me"

Chapter 43:

Welcome to the Pierce-Stark Family

A hard as it might be to believe, Annabeth never thought that it would be so easy for them to fall into the role of family but somehow it had been effortless. Tony was a gentleman- he had asked her out on a date right after he had finally talked to Peter and though they never got a chance to really go, it was incredibly sweet.

Speaking of Peter, the boy had been nothing but a delight to have around. Annabeth hadn't even noticed when her nightmares stopped and though there was still a fear in her heart that caused her to somehow find herself outside Peter's new room at midnight, she always smiled when she saw him.

She was not alone in that task of late night checks- more than a few times, she had also found Tony just waking up to see if Peter was still there.

Annabeth gathered that it was just a part of parenthood- making sure that your kid was still covered by a blanket, protected at all times.

Somehow, Annabeth and Tony had glided into sharing the same room which had certainly left Pepper clearly confused when she had come back from a meeting to find them relaxing in there.

Pepper had moved out- she said that now that they had Peter she should let the family be and get a house of her own. Annabeth hated the fact that Pepper had to leave because of how 'lovey-dovey-family' they had gotten but she knew how left out it was making the strawberry-blonde feel. The woman had just recently broken up with her boyfriend and was taking things too hard, especially her job.

May and Ben had visited Malibu for a little while and by the end of their trip Tony and Annabeth had received a high praise of- 'Not as bad as I expected them to be' from Ben. Things finally looked well for the family.

It had been about four months since the expo. Stark Industries became bigger by day, Iron Man got more famous as time went and the Pierce-Stark trio became more of family as they lived together in sync.

"Mornin'," Tony greeted as he sat down on the kitchen counter- much to the brunette's annoyance.

Annabeth rubbed her eyes before turning to Tony, "Get off there, Tony- it's not a good habit to sit and just keep waiting for life to happen."

The man said nothing; that's what the doctor liked to believe as she dismissed his words, 'need coffee.'

Annabeth groaned, her tongue marveling at the bitter taste of her coffee but the horrible time of the morning. She needed more sleep.