FORTY-FIVE

"With you I soar and with you I fall down"

Chapter 45:

Shopping with traitors

"What do you mean 'Pepper won't be coming for Christmas?'" Annabeth furiously questioned- the anger in her eyes clearly making Tony take a step back as Peter watched from the kitchen counter where he ate a PBJ sandwich, "Because if you mean what I...

"What do you mean 'Pepper won't be coming for Christmas?'" Annabeth furiously questioned- the anger in her eyes clearly making Tony take a step back as Peter watched from the kitchen counter where he ate a PBJ sandwich, "Because if you mean what I think you are trying to mean- you have messed up bad."

Tony threw his hands up in surrender, "I just forgot, Annie!"

"You forgot?" Annabeth closed her eyes in frustration, "You forgot to invite our bestfriend? YOU HAD ONE JOB!"

"Maybe that's the problem!" Tony tried to argue, "You give me just one job every time and then I forget to do that because it is so insignificant."

"Oh, so inviting my bestfriend is insignificant?" Annabeth gritted.

Peter's eyes widened at his mother's tone, hoping that he never screws up as bad as his dad to be on the other side of it. He took another bite off his sandwich.

"I thought she was our bestfriend!" The genius answered taking a sip of his coffee.

"Nope," Annabeth shrugged, "That was until you forgot to invite her."

Peter coughed in interruption, "Um.. may I have some strawberry milk?"

Annabeth jumped realizing that her son was actually there in the room with them.

"Yes, sweetie," she smiled lightly.

"Are you going to break up?"

Tony, who was standing with his weight leaning on the refrigerator almost spilled his coffee and said, "I- Peter... what?"

"I was watching a show yesterday," Peter said- surprising tears already falling from his eyes as Annabeth reached out to hug him, "In that show Tommy's parents got divorced and he was so sad!"

"Oh honey," Annabeth kissed his head, "Daddy and I were just talking because sometimes he acts like a little kid but we would never do that to you."

Tony came and hugged them both, "You don't have to worry underoos- I love you both so much and we will always be together."

"Promise?"