FORTY

" I think I spent my entire life waiting for five minutes with you "

Chapter 40:

Red and Gold

For the first time in her life, Annabeth was pissed off because Pepper called

For the first time in her life, Annabeth was pissed off because Pepper called. Perhaps it was because she was finally spending time with her over-enthusiastic son or maybe it was because of why Pepper called. Nevertheless, as much as Annabeth loved and admired that woman, she wanted to murder.

Apparently, Tony had arrived at the office that very day with a box of strawberries to apologize to her.

Asshole.

Sure, Annabeth did forgive him but then her anger towards him was still justified. She wouldn't be okay with him- at least not until she had hit him (in a really not illegal way).

"I think he was looking for you," Pepper had noted on the phone as Peter and Annabeth walked around the mall- Annabeth had just gifted the boy a little Iron-Man helmet which Peter was really loving, "He seemed very embarrassed."

"As he should," Annabeth replied, "I am very angry! This is even worse than Riley Hart."

Pepper groaned over the phone, "Why does everything with you go down to Riley Hart?"

Annabeth gave out a fake gasp as she held out an ice-cream to her son, "Riley Fart destroyed my middle school and high school life! She is pure evil!"

"Fine, Fine," The doctor could hear her friend's eye roll over the phone, "We were talking about you being pissed at Tony."

"With good reason."

Peter pointed to a science-thingy shop (Annabeth couldn't pronounce the word and that didn't even feel embarrassing).

"Also why the hell did JARVIS block me from Stark Hospital's cameras?" Pepper asked.

"Because I... asked him to?" Annabeth winced knowing exactly how scary Pepper can be when she was angry, "And that reminds me you know, I have a surprise for all of you!"

"Really? What is it?" The Pierce woman could hear the curiosity that made the strawberry-blonde such an amazing CEO.

"Goodness Pep," Annabeth laughed, "Calm down."

There was silence for a little bit.

"You're not married are you?"