I was genuinely amazed by Minho's confidence, but didn't show that. If he yelled at me, I would yell back. I couldn't just let him control me like that.
"It's not a competition!"

"I never said it was a competition! Again, I'm saying I want to help you." Minho started to raise his voice even worse. "Obviously something has been going on, and I'm worried!"

"Why would you be worried?" I snapped as I took some steps back from Minho, wandering around the room in frustration. "You don't even care!"

"Yes, I do! I shucking care about you, Jane! Probably more than anyone in this shuck maze. I care!" Minho threw his hands in the air. "What's going on?"

I sighed, thinking about Minho's reaction to finding out my task and that I was a spy. He wouldn't react well, for sure.

I was taken aback by Minho's statement of caring about me but quickly recovered, though I somehow got butterflies even while being upset. "Nothing is going on! How many times do I have to tell you?"

"As many times as you want, but I won't believe it!" Minho fully raised his voice now, maybe even waking up some others. The anger and hurt on his face were visible to me, and I knew it was on my face too.

It hurt much to argue with Minho. It was different from the other fights we had. This one was.. deeper, and more upsetting. More meaningful.

"So you can keep on with those excuses of you and deny over and over again, but I'll shucking wait until you say how you're actually doing and what I can do to help! No matter how long I have to wait!" Minho decided.

I balled my fist in anger, but soon stopped again, scared to hurt Minho on accident. "You're the one who never talks about how you feel here, not me! You never tell a shucking thing about yourself!"

"Well, maybe that's because I'm doing fine and don't need to open up! I've got nothing to be upset about right now, except for worrying about you." Minho pointed his finger at me.

"You're wasting your time, Minho!" My eyes started to get watery and the thought that I was always crying, made it even worse. "I'm fine, so just leave me alone!"

"Oh, yeah. Totally! Look at you, Jane! You're shuckin' crying, don't tell me that's normal!" Minho ran a hand through his hair, frowning out of anger, and breaths even a little heavy.

"I think it might be turning normal for me to cry, especially since I do it every shuck day for no reason!" I blurted out in a yell.

Minho stared at me before responding, blinking a few times. "I don't want you to cry! Just tell me what's going on. I don't need to hear the whole story, but knowing at least something would be nice! So just spit it out and don't cry again! I hate it when you cry." He spoke the last sentence quieter than the others, letting me know he meant it.

One of the tears dropped down my face. "Just leave!" I ordered when I realized I ran out of things to yell back.

"Not until I get an honest answer to the question if you're okay! An honest one!" Minho ordered.

Lying wouldn't make sense. Minho would notice anyways. Of course I wasn't doing okay after all the tasks and dreams! But no one could find out.

"Why do you even want to know so badly?" I looked down in shame. The shame of crying again. The shame of arguing with Minho. The shame of everything I did. All the tasks.. consequences I caused.

Minho lowered his voice too, stepping closer to me. "I just told you that I care about you, Jane. That's why."

I bit my lip and tried to control my emotions. "Why would you?"

Minho grabbed my hand, which made me flinch for a second, but then I relaxed. He wasn't going to hurt me. "You're asking me why I would care about you? Because you make me happier, are kind, make others happy too, are funny, you're talented, smart.. I can continue as long as you want, but it's not going to convince you, isn't it?"

I shook my head lightly. "You don't deserve to care about me. Look out for the others instead."

"No," Minho responded. "That's not true. You deserve to be cared about, Jane." He paused. "And I can't believe I'm saying this right now. I sound like shucking Newt."

I still tried to blink the tears out of my eyes away but chuckled lightly. "You're not doing so bad."

"Liar." Minho squeezed my hand, not knowing he actually comforted me just like Newt did. "You made it quite obvious you're not going to talk.. so I guess you'll have to do it voluntarily then."

"I'll see," I whispered, the anger slowly fading away at Minho's words.

"Good." Minho nodded and watched some more tears stream down my face. "I'm sorry for yelling." He suddenly apologized, something I didn't expect him to do.

I sniffed and rubbed my eye. "It's okay."

Minho stood there awkwardly for a bit but then talked again. "Guess you're not going back to the Med Hut?"

"No." I simply replied, ready to go to sleep in my own bed.

"Are you tired?" Minho's voice was softer now, not yelling and angry, or sassy and sarcastic. That was one of the things I liked but also didn't get about him. When no one else was around, he was so sweet and caring, but otherwise, he would just act tough.

"A little." I walked over to my bed and sat down.

"Do you want me to stay?" Minho asked in full confidence, moving his chin and chest up like a tough guy.
"To console  you after what happened, of course." He added. "And the bed is made for two people, might as well use it that way instead of wasting it, right?"

"Right." I quietly responded. "You can stay."

Minho's face lit up. "That worked well." He walked over to the bed and lay down after I did.  Once we lay comfortable, my back against Minho's chest and his arm resting around my waist, he talked again.

"Jane?"

"Mhm?" I asked, already falling asleep. The position we were in was very comfortable, though I didn't expect Minho to be all this touchy out of a sudden. But I liked it, so it didn't matter. And god, then I realized how badly I was in love with him, even though he yelled at me three seconds ago.

"Can we talk about when we-."

I held up my finger to silence Minho. "Not now. Another day, please."
Us kissing wasn't really what I wished to talk about after the arguing and drama. And I wasn't ready yet. Not ready to choose. But that was the problem...

I couldn't.

Minho cleared his throat. "Sure." He made a long pause. "Good night, Shebean."

"Night, Min." I sighed and closed my eyes, at first a bit afraid to get another nightmare, but feeling safer by the second, like Minho's arms were just.. magical? They were comfortable, that's for sure.

~

A/N:

I'm back with the questions again! :)
If you could change one thing that happened in this book, what would it be?

I hope you enjoyed! Have a good day/night! ❤️