Honeymoon 2

Davina P.O.V.

I was anxious, being away from the kids. I had never gone a day without seeing them. Of course, Esme and Alice and Rose and Bella and Leah and Bree would take care of them along with everyone else, but still.

But Carlisle and I needed this honeymoon. We need our own time, away from everyone else. Just the two of us while we weren't on the brink of some war because of Bella and Edward.

I was also anxious, because Carlisle still hadn't told me what my wedding present was, nor had he told me where we were honeymooning. All I knew was that it was the same place that Edward and Bella had gone on honeymoon, and Carlisle was a little jealous about it.

I thought that was weird in itself. Lots of people went honeymooning in every city. There were probably thousands of couples that had been to whatever spot we were headed.

Carlisle, Jasper, and Marcel had taken care of all my flight arrangements with the army. It was frustrating for all three of them, the reluctance that the army had with letting me out of country boundaries. Jasper probably influenced them with his emotions.

The first stop was in Dallas, Texas. There were military guards staked throughout the airport, none following us, but they were obviously there to keep an eye on me. Carlisle had his teeth gritted, hugging me tightly the entire time.

"It's fine." I kept muttering, though I was frustrated myself. "It's fine. Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter baby."

Once we landed in Puerto Rico though, I was a free woman. The U.S. military had no sanctions here and Carlisle and I moved freely through the airport.

I had never been in South America- though it was a dream to go to Brazil one day and explore the Amazon Rainforest- and I continuously looked around. I didn't know Spanish- or whatever they spoke here, Portuguese?- and Carlisle did all the talking. The native language spilling out of his mouth combined with his slight accent made my mouth water.

Carlisle got a small boat next and I shook my head with a small chuckle, sitting on his lap while he piloted the boat. The sun started breaking across the sky as we neared an island.

"Close your eyes." Carlisle whispered in my ear.

I did, burying my face in his shoulder. I could feel his hand on my waist and my excitement was over the moon.

"Okay. You can open them now."

I saw the island up close and thought it looked absolutely beautiful. There was a small- well I suppose it was a resort- a few yards in from the beachline. It was maybe two stories, but I think it was just one, part of one side disappearing into the tree line.

The brown roof was low, the porch long, wrapping around the resort. The lawn was immaculate, the resort owners must take care of the lawn.

"Welcome to Isle Davina

"Welcome to Isle Davina." Carlisle said softly, kissing my temple. "This is your wedding present."

Isle Davina? Wedding present.