September

Davina P.O.V.

I rushed into the hospital, specifically Carlisle Cullen's office. "So sorry I'm late Doctor." I said, dashing to the file cabinet so that I could grab the work I was supposed to be doing. "I had a timed test for one of my classes and I only just got it done."

Carlisle laughed, "It's not a problem Davina. You're only five minutes late."

"Five minutes and it's my first day." I pointed out, breathing hard as I sat down gently on the couch, trying not to flop down.

I had graduated from Forks High School last May and had applied to some online courses so that I didn't have to go in person to college. Carlisle thought it was him that was keeping me from having 'real life college experience', but it wasn't. I just didn't feel like leaving the small town that was like a whole world of its' own.

I had also started being a bit more than an intern at the hospital, but as I still wasn't a full fledged doctor, I was still considered an intern. But now, I was allowed to work with real patients- if it wasn't serious- and also learn more about medicines.

Not to mention I was also the mother of vampires and werewolves.

Yes, vampires and werewolves. None of them were actually my biological children- vampires being created by venom and werewolves having real parents- but regardless, I was the mother of both groups.

On the vampire side, it made sense. Carlisle was like the father of Rosalie, Alice, Jasper, Emmett, and Edward and his sister Esme was like their Aunt. So, as I was dating Carlisle, it sort've made me the mother.

With the werewolves on the other hand- there were only three: Jared, Paul, and Sam. Sam was my brother and he was also the leader of the werewolf pack. But somehow, I had become a mother figure to Jared and Paul. They always came to me about problems- Paul had a lot of them- and so there was that.

Not that I minded. I really liked my position in the vampire and werewolf tribes, even if they weren't very traditionally. Dating a vampire. Being a werewolf's sister. . . even if we weren't related.

"How did the test go?" Carlisle asked, looking up from his work. Merlin he was so hot in his white coat and light blue shirt.

"Uh a 95.6%." I said with a slight frown, "They didn't tell me what I got wrong though so that was a little annoying."

"That's a good grade." Carlisle said. "Good job."

I tried not to beam with pride.

"Oh yeah, were you able to get Bella's birthday present?" I asked after a few minutes. I had forgotten what had been nagging me and this was it.

"Yes I did." Carlisle said with a smile.

"How much were the tickets?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Don't worry about it." Carlisle said.

I tsked, "Carlisle, it's not a present from both of us if I didn't help pay for it."

"Yes it is." Carlisle argued. "Besides, I don't mind."

I hesitated but didn't really feel like arguing if he truly was fine with taking the bulk of the payment for the airplane tickets. Plus, Alice gave me a $5000 dress as a gift so I supposed $828 dollar plane tickets was pocket change.

Alice also never let anyone wear anything twice in her family. So, I would take the mens' clothes, wash them several times before putting them in boxes in the attic. I planned to give them to Sam after a few months so that one, the vampire smell would be out of them after some time and two, Sam would be able to give them to any of the boys who started having no clothing due to wolfing out so much.