Date Night

Davina P.O.V.

I fixed the green dress sleeves more comfortably, thankful for the long sleeves, wishing they weren't so thin.

I felt weird, wearing the dress.

It wasn't that it was a weird dress, in fact, it was very modest. And it wasn't an ugly dress either- it was gorgeous. A deep green with lots of lace and designs with thin, sequined and see-through sleeves along the arms.

No, the fact that made me uncomfortable about wearing the dress was that it was from Alice. She had gifted it to me for the date.

It was $4, 990.

[No joke- was looking for dress ideas. It caught my eye, I clicked on it. It's literally that price.]

So here I was, wearing a $5,000 dollar dress, my brown almost black hair done up in a bun with pearl bobby pins, expensive jewelry- also Alice's- around my neck, clipped to my ears, clasped around my wrist, and slid on my finger

So here I was, wearing a $5,000 dollar dress, my brown almost black hair done up in a bun with pearl bobby pins, expensive jewelry- also Alice's- around my neck, clipped to my ears, clasped around my wrist, and slid on my finger. The jewelry was all silver, a contrast to the green of the dress, but matching the heels that- once again- Alice had gifted me.

Basically, I had played dress up in my bedroom in Alice's things that I was allowed to keep.

"Green and blue are Carlisle's favorite colour." Alice said as she applied light makeup to my face. She kept mostly natural tones, using my own makeup so that I was somewhat recognizable. "And the silver contrasts nicely."

"I prefer yellow and black." I grumbled, feeling like I was dressing up as a Slytherin in the green and silver.

Alice tsked, "Yellow is not your colour, no matter how much of a Hufflepuff you may be."

Alice and Edward had read Harry Potter so they were the only ones who understood my references.

"I look like a Slytherin." I grumbled.

"That's not a bad thing." Alice argued. "Aren't some of your favorite characters Slytherin?"

I kept silent because yes, Severus Snape and Lucius Malfoy were Slytherins.

"There." Alice said, drawing back from my face and I caught a look at myself in the mirror. I smiled.

"I look pretty Alice, thanks." I murmured.

Alice scoffed, "You look like a goddess, thank you very much."

I grinned, "Thanks."

"Now come on, Carlisle is sure to be waiting for you." Alice said with a knowing smile, leading me down the stairs, shoving a matching silver purse with all my necessities into it already. I frowned, flipping through it and pulling out the condom.

"Really?" I asked.

Alice giggled, "It's supposed to be a joke."

I rolled my eyes, tossing the square package at her. "Keep your joke."