Honeymoon

Carlisle P.O.V.

I had no idea what she had been reading, but it couldn't be normal. Normal books didn't make people aroused. Not like this. I could literally smell it. And it was making Lord very, very aggressive.

I was terrified of hurting her of course. We were the first vampire human marriage ever. Probably the first vampire and human to even try to have a 'real' honeymoon. I wasn't sure if I was going to keep both my normal strength and Lord's eagerness under control the entire time to make sure I didn't hurt her.

And of course, it didn't help her that whatever she was reading was making her heart do flips, arousal filling the car with her intoxicating scent. I gripped my hands on the steering wheel as Lord demanded that we pull over that instant and take her right there.

Somehow, we made it to the hotel without an incident.

"Carlisle!" Davina sounded delighted, looking out the window. The sun was very close to setting, the beach that we were near looking almost black from the glare. She turned to look at me and I thought she looked like a goddess, the way her face was framed against the sun, sending a halo of light around her head. "We're by the beach!"

I chuckled lightly. "I wanted you to be able to be by the ocean. But I also wanted to be able to be near you in case there was trouble. This was the result."

Davina leaned over, kissing me on the lips. "You know, we're both still dressed in our wedding attire."

So we were. I hadn't even thought to change before we got here. I wondered how uncomfortable she had been, sitting in the car in the wedding dress. But her shifting had sent wafts of her enticing smell towards me. I had to block my nose receptors, refusing to breathe until she opened the car door and the fresh breeze was let in.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly, cupping my face in one of her hands.

"Yes. More than okay." I whispered while Lord paced around in my head, waiting to be let out.

Davina smirked, "Well, come on then."

Suddenly, I was less worried and more excited. I was out of the car in a flash, grabbing the suitcases that Alice had packed in the trunk. One for each of us. Huh, she had held herself back this time.

I took Davina's hand in my other. No one gave us second looks, though any looks we did get were knowing smiles from older couples. We were in California after all.

The hotel was a more private one and so we had a suite to ourselves. It was rather large, taking up almost half the floor- the other room that took up the other half was empty for now- and Davina looked around in awe.

"This isn't even close to what I have planned when we go on a real honeymoon." I murmured in her ear, setting my hands on her waist, pulling her against me.

She giggled, turning her head and exposing the veins on her neck, kissing along the bottom of my jaw. "I see."

I turned my own head, dipping down to the crook of her neck, running my nose along the veins there. Her blood no longer bothered me- hadn't for a while in fact- but that was not what I was afraid would make me lose control around her. No it was-

'FUCK HER! FUCK MATE! THROW HER ON THE BED ALREADY! RUIN THE WEDDING DRESS! TEAR IT TO PIECES! FUCK HER!'

'Shut up.' I growled at him fiercely, kissing slowly down her neck and shoulders. 'We have to show her respect.'

Davina turned, pressing herself to me and then whispered, "I should get out of this dress."

"Yes." I murmured, feeling Lord rise up inside of me. "And I should get out of this."