Epilogue: This is Not the Beginning

Davina P.O.V.

I finished curling my hair, unplugging the curling iron quickly, leaving the bathroom and looking out the window.

He wasn't here yet.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, grabbing my white sun shoes and then made sure that my make up was perfect, fixing small blemishes and such.

My children- Em, Rose, Ali, Jaz, Ed, and Bella- would be going to Prom tonight. As Carlisle couldn't take me to prom, he had promised me an evening out and I was now putting on the clothes that Alice had left me.

It was a light blue dress, something I could imagine wearing at the beach or something. I wore soft sandals with flowers and Alice had specifically told me to curl my hair in the 1800's with curls. So that was what I had done.

Hair style

Dress

Part of me felt ridiculous with the new style of clothing and the old style of hair, but part of me knew that this was exactly what Carlisle liked

Part of me felt ridiculous with the new style of clothing and the old style of hair, but part of me knew that this was exactly what Carlisle liked. Naturally why Alice had gifted it to me. And I had checked- this dress was only $125, which- compared to the last dress- was thrift store cheap.

I turned out the lights in the house as I walked down the stairs. I had consented- as I was graduating soon and would start online college and a more permanent position at the hospital- to moving in with the Cullens. I probably wouldn't be back to this house in a while.

I paused at the front door, waiting, until there was a knock and I opened up the door.

Carlisle was dressed less formally, just like me. He wore a simple black button up shirt and black slacks. His shoes were still dress shoes though.

"Ready?" He asked, holding out his hand.

I took it, closing and locking the door behind me. He led me to the car, opening my door, closing it behind me, and appearing in the drivers seat in seconds.

I laughed lightly. "So, what are we doing tonight?"

The sun was still in the sky, not quite low enough for the sky to be sunset colours yet.