What Do you Mean the Wedding is Still Going On?

Mulai dari awal

-----------------------------

I sat on the kitchen counter, snickering as Carlisle wrapped up Bella's hand. "It's just a sprain. It should heal fairly quickly."

I was observing Carlisle. He was wearing a lovely navy blue sweater with a white collar shirt underneath.

Jasper and Emmett walked in and I noticed the contrasting difference between them in their fancy clothes, and Edward in a sweatshirt. Emmett was wearing a gray vest over a gray shirt, with black dress pants. Jasper was wearing the same thing as Carlisle, just in different colours.

"Trying to walk and chew gum at the same time again Bella?" Emmett asked, coming to sit next to me on the counter, pulling me into a side hug.

"I punched a werewolf in the face." Bella said with a slight scoff.

I snickered again.

"Badass. You're gonna be one tough little newborn." Emmett said.

"Tough enough to take you on." Bella jested. I laughed, pushing on Emmett's shoulder but the jokes weren't good for Rosalie who tossed the newspaper aside, walking out the door.

"Don't worry about it." Was all Emmett said.

There was some awkward silence before Edward asked, "Got any new leads?"

"No sign of the intruder. But Victoria continues to make appearances." Jasper said.

I wrapped my arms around Carlisle's neck as he leaned his back against the counter.

Bella left the house to leave the five of us to discussion.

"What about the wolves Mom?" Edward asked.

"If they've found anything they haven't confided it in me. But the last thing Sam said was they didn't have anything." I murmured.

"Mom!" Alice said, running in.

"Yeah?" I asked, unconcerned, kissing the top of Carlisle's head.

"Come on. You need to try on your wedding dress!" Alice said, darting up to me to grab my arm.

"I'm sorry?" I asked, confused, "What now?"

"You're wedding is literally in two days!" Alice scoffed.

"Wait, that's still happening?" I asked, completely taken away.

Alice glared at me, "Why wouldn't it?"

"I- I don't- Seattle- new born vampires- Victoria- Pff- I-"

Alice literally scooped me off the kitchen counter and started pulling me after her.

"Jasper!" I called behind me.

"Sorry Mama." Jasper called back with laughter in his voice.

Upon entering Alice's room, I found Esme waiting for me as well, along with the dress.

"Oh." I whispered, seeing the dress. "Oh, Alice."

"I know." Alice beamed. "It's a little later than the 1640's, closer to the 1700's, but it's close to the style that was done in Carlisle's time. Do you like it?"

"I love it." I whispered, looking at the beautiful wedding dress in front of me.

It was white with long sleeves and a jeweled bodice that was decorated to look like a corset. There were ruffles along the shoulders and the v shape. It was a low V-shape and wouldn't reveal much, but it was also set lower along the shoulders. It came with a pearl necklace that was so small, it was almost like a choker, but I think that was what Alice was going for. There were silver flowers and also white roses on the outside of the dress with was a very fine, see through skirt. The other layers were white silk.