Chapter 16

It was a week after the photo shoot that Luke had done and the magazine was to come out the next day. Ashton was nervous and asked if he could go home early to prepare something special for him and Luke. But he had to contact Michael for some help.

"Mikey, hi. I need Noah and Chloe to spend the night by you guys tonight. Plus will you take Luke out for about an hour to buy himself something to look stunning in. I have something special planned for the both of us." Ashton asked Michael with hope filling his voice. "Sure but what do you have planned?" Michael asked curiously. "That you can find out much later after it has happened. I just have plans." Ashton insisted. "Ok cool so in the lines of what should we go shopping for?" Michael asked. "Just make sure it's something formal-ish and he must look stunning." Ashton said picturing Luke in his mind, grinning to himself. "Ok, so when must I come pick the three of them up?" Michael asked. "In about half an hour. Just give me chance to get Luke dressed to go out and Chloe and Noah packed for the evening. By the way do not let the kids come back until I let you know it's time. And I will give you my credit card for the the outfit of Luke make sure he has his hair done as well." Ashton insisted. "Hell Ash, you are really going all out. If I didn't know better I would say you are planning on proposing." Michael said taking a shot in the dark. "Well we shall just have to see, won't we?" Ashton grinned at himself.

As Ashton got off the phone to Michael he knew that convincing Chloe and Noah to spend a night by Michael would be easy but getting Luke to go shopping right now with Michael would be a problem. "Chloe I need your help with something. I need dad to go shopping with Michael. And you guys to have a sleep over at Michael's place for tonight. I mean it's Friday so you can come back tomorrow sometime and then do your school work, ok. But I need dad dressed to go shopping, please." Ashton begged Chloe which was confused at first but got the idea that there was something more to this that her Pa was going to tell her later. "Sure but you have to promise to tell me what this is all about, before I do anything." Chloe stood her ground. "Sure, but you can't tell a single soul." Ashton insisted. And then proceeded to whisper his little secret to Chloe. When he was done she nearly screamed at the top of her lungs with extreme excitement but was sushed. She went to Noah's room and told him to pack a overnight bag if he knew what was good for him like right now. Scared of her he just listened and did as he was told. Then she proceeded to go to Luke that was watching television in the room and did not know that Ashton was even at home yet. And Ashton did not want Luke to know that he was there until he got back so until then he was hiding in the nursery that they were setting up so long.

"Dad you need to get dressed like right now. Michael just phoned me and said that you guys need to go to the mall for something urgent." Chloe said calmly. "You know that I can't afford to go to the mall with Pa coming home soon and if he knows that I am at the mall I will be in trouble, missy." Luke scolded Chloe. "Well no need to worry about Pa he knows about you going to the mall, and he is ok with it as long as Michael makes sure you get plenty of rest." Chloe replied cockily. "Ok I will get dressed, when will Michael be here?" Luke asked. "In about 15 minutes and Noah and myself needs to help Calum to start their nursery tonight. Plus we already got permission from Pa, so don't worry. Michael is going to pick us up as well but drop us off at his place first." Chloe explained to Luke. Luke was getting very irritated as Calum and them has scarcely decided on doing the surgecy thing and they are already planning a nursery. That can be done when they know more about the whole situation. Not now. But he decided to go with this weird dynamic for the evening as it was better than sitting in a bed and binging Netflix.

Ashton knew he had little to no time to set everything up luckily he had prepared meals at work that he asked Harry to quickly drop off with Louis. He had ordered flowers earlier that day for this time. And the florist had just delivered it. He just had to sit and make a special playlist on Spotify for the evening and set the mood for the evening. Whilst Ashton was finishing up Luke was quite irritated with Michael. "Why may I ask am I being taken on a shopping spree and you needed to go shopping for what?" Luke asked irritated at Michael. "Um, well you need a outfit for mine and Calum's wedding." Michael said quickly. "Which is when?" Luke asked confused. "Soon, don't worry. But I just want you to try out a hairstyle for me so we are going to the hairdresser, ok?" Michael said nervously.