The Choosing - 2

UPDATE!!! YAYY HAHAHAH 

CHAPTER DEDICATED TO istolethecookiez FOR MAKING MY LIFE MORE EXCITING THROUGH YOUR BOOKS!! SERIOUSLY GUYS READ HER/HIS BOOKS ALL OF THEM ARE AMAZING!!!

COVERS< COMMENTS<VOTES<CRITIQUES HIGHLY APPRECIATED :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make my way to the stage as calmly as I can. Upon standing in front of the machine, Collette says her usual spiel again

"Alright Zyana, just place your hand on the machine and don't remove it until you have been matched"

So I place my right hand, palm down on top of the screen of the machine. I see my picture, which was taken at our school dance, fill half of the screen. One by one the pictures on the right side of the screen was dwindling and there was only one photo left.

Let me tell, I am not exaggerating when I say that my jaw drops. And not just mine, I'm guessing the jaws of everyone I know are on the floor as well.

Because the picture on the screen is of a guy who has brown eyes mixed with a bit of amber on it, chiseled jaw and blonde hair.

My match is Prince Finnegan Frondeur.

Suddenly I hear people clapping loudly, shouting and hollering.

Oh kings.

I look to the side from where he would be coming from and I see that he's already halfway up the stairs. Upon reaching me he bows and says "My lady"

I curtsy and answer with "Your Highness"

I look up and see him smiling nervously at me, offering his right elbow for me to take.

"If I may" he says

I take it and we make our way down the seats designated for those from Monroe.

Thank the kings I didn't trip on the way there. No. Not a good first impression to make.

We sit down as another name gets called. I'm not even paying attention anymore. I'm panicking.

Prince Finnegan chuckles beside me

"Breathe Zyana, I wouldn't want my bride dying a few minutes after meeting me" he whispers softly and gives me an encouraging smile

"I'm sorry. I've been having a couple of almost panic attacks since this morning. I'm just so nervous"

"There's nothing to be sorry about. We all get nervous" He reaches for my hand and gives me an encouraging squeeze.

I breathe in and tell myself to calm down. I look at him again and when he sees me looking at him he winks.

It's going to be alright.

"And Ladies and Gentlemen, this concludes this year's Certus Anima. Our ushers are on stand by and they will guide you and lead you to your children. Good night and Long Live the King!"

"Long Live the King!" everyone follows.

I exhale loudly and turn to face Prince Finnegan. I see him smiling at me and he offers his arm. I take it.

"Well, it looks like this is it for us tonight Zyana." He tells me as we slowly make our way backstage.

"Zy. You can call me Zy"

"Well then Zy, It looks like your parents have arrived. I'll see you again in a few days"

"Thank you Prince Finnegan, it was nice meeting you"

"The pleasure is all mine My Lady." And with those as his parting words, he bows and flashes me another smile and turns to the direction where his parents might be"

I easily spot my parents as I make my way outside the stadium. They both still have surprise lingering in their faces.

My mother is the first one to see me and she runs full force towards me and envelopes me in a hug. "My baby" she said her voice cracking a bit

"I always knew my kids were destined for greatness" I look up and see that my dad is already in front of us and he sends me a wink after his statement.

My mom lets go of me and stands beside dad, wiping the tears in her eyes.

She exhales loudly and my dad shakes his head in amusement. I hope this is how it's going to be for me when I get married. That even if I do things that may seem crazy or not normal to others, my husband will know me well enough

"Well, Instead of going home immediately, how about we go to the capital and eat some festival food? Sounds good?" My dad asks looking at both me and mom.

I nod my head and say "Yes! Food sounds great."

After being dragged to almost every food stall that we could find, just for dad to devour almost everything they sell, and being fussed around by mom when she saw that I stained my dress I can't help but think how this day ended up turning great. Mind you, it's not because I got matched to Prince Finnegan – I'm still really nervous about that – but looking at both mom and dad and the smiles on their faces, it feels just like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.