23 | Beep, beep, beep.

"Hey ya!"

"Hey youu." I reply with our over-the-phone handshake.

"Sorry about yesterday." She doesn't have to be sorry.

I stick my hand in my pocket. "No, it's okay. I get it."

"Do you really though?"

"Maybe?" I muse.

"Yeah, I can't really explain- but anyways." Tara sighs. "It's me." 

"It's you?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Yeah... it's difficult to explain. Maybe another time?"

"Okay."

"Yes."

"Okay," I smile.

"Yes!" She chirps.

I wonder what it would be like if we knew each other in real life. Not that this isn't real life, but I'd like to know her face-to-face as well...

"How about we meet each other one of these days."

"Where are you now?" Taken aback by her question, I answer, "you wanna meet now?"

"No! No, I mean... I was just wondering."

I narrow my eyes. "That was a strong rejection."

"Haha, I mean one day. One day. But not now."

My shoulders drop upon hearing her answer. One day feels so far away... I press the elevator button up, and the doors immediately open.

"Are you stepping into an elevator?"

"Mhm. Guess where I am?"

"At the mall?"

"Nope."

"School?" I scrunch my face, saying, "why would I be there at this time?"

"I don't know. Maybe you're secretly some A+ student." She teases, knowing full well that I'm exclusively a B student, with the exception of occasional A's.

"I'll have you know that even though I am (a wanabe A+ student), I'm not at school." She hums for a few moments while I notice myself grinning in the mirrored walls of the elevator.

My face falls flat. I'm sick? And then my face brightens again at the sound of her voice, making me blush. Watching my expressions while talking to her is only bearable for a certain amount of time.

"A building."

"Yes..." I step out the elevator and a gush of wind greets me. The sky's dark and the moon's already visible, but not dark enough for the clouds to be invisible.

It's pretty quiet up here; only a couple walking around the mini garden and a few people in wheelchairs. I walk over to the edge which is protected by glass. "I'm somewhere where you can see everything from."

"Everything? A sky scrapper?" "

"No."

"Um... hm, I really don't know."

I watch as all the cars pass on the road below and inhale. "I'm at a hospital."

"Hospital?! Are you sick?" I chuckle noticing the worry in her voice... as if close by? An echo?

"Just visiting my grandpa."

"Wait, but why do I..." I slowly turn my head and meet the gaze of a girl with auburn wavy hair and the greenest eyes I've ever seen. "Cheese?"

"Pepperoni..." she stares wide-eyed as her mouth slowly fall open.

"Tara..."

"Parker... I-" I take a step closer and see the beautiful girl in front of me.

"Tara, I- it's you!"

Beep, beep, beep.

\(*o*)/ ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

\(*o*)/ ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Who was expecting that? Like honestly. 

This wouldn't be a proper cliffhanger if there wasn't a prolonged space between this chapter and the next (😂). I've started school for a while now, and I think it's time I take a little break from updating twice a week. From today on, I'm going to be updating once a week on Fridays until further notice. I hope you guys enjoyed the time that I was updating twice a week. This is the most consistent I've ever been with updating a story! The "scheduled update" feature of wattpad definitly helped me with staying consistent. I'll continue writing the rest of the story now that I've gained a little more time to (with the upload scheduale change).

Next update will be on the 28th!!

I hope you enjoyed the story and thank you for reading, dearest roses! Don't forget to