10 | He had

"Hey, Tara."

"You don't do the intro anymore?"

"I know it's you."

"Has anyone else called this number recently?"

"No."

"Wait... why does your voice sound so weird?"

"What do you mean? I sound... normal."

"See! That, there! You don't sound okay."

"Uh... Where do I even start."

"I'm actually concerned now..."

"I got into a fight with the dude who my ex cheated on me with- which was actually her ex. And I told her it was a mistake that I loved her but now I'm regretting it and I'm just so messed up and I didn't sleep a wink or brushed my teeth when I woke up-"

"Hold your horses. You're starting to sound like me... calm down and talk slowly. So you got into a fight with your ex?"

"Well, up until yesterday she was my girlfriend of two years..."

"You had a girlfriend... of two years?"

"Yeah... she cheated and I saw her kissing him 2 days ago. Then again yesterday. Exchanged words. And now I'm in a rumble because I just broke up with her. And this is what it's like when you break up with someone. It sucks."

"Really?"

"Because at a point you loved them and there was a time when you'd think you'd marry the person."

"Wow."

"I'm not sentimental."

"So you say."

"But I really loved her. I looked past all her faults to love her heart. But..."

"But what? It didn't work out."

"Shoot. Now I feel like crying again. I'm gonna hang up."

"Okay, bye-"

Beep, beep, beep.

"Was that the dude you like?"

"...yeah...I mean, no! No! Didn't you just hear? He broke up with his girlfriend!"

"Thank God you didn't make any moves," Amy says. "Imagine what kind of disaster that would be. Timing is everything."

"Come on, he just broke up with a girl he lovesss...ed?"

Amy's face falls flat, and then brightens. "This is your time to shine!" My best friend Amy being my typical best friend Amy.

"I don't wanna hear it!" I cover my face and fall forward on to my bed.

I had no idea he was even dating someone. But what does that even mean? Did he think it was unimportant to mention?

"Awwww," she says and she rubs my back. I know where she's going with this. "I won't tease you anymore."

Oh?

"If I can meet him!"

I fling myself up. "I am not going to meet him. And you aren't either."

"Why?" She whines. I take a hold of her shoulders so that we're face to face. Amy always had a really pretty color of hazel in her eyes- but that's not the reason why im staring into them right now.

"I'm not going to meet him, at least not like..." I look down at my legs, "this."

She pushes me off and crosses her arms. "Honey, if he can't stand to see you at your worst, he doesn't deserve to see you at your best! Period."

"No, not period! I don't want him to see me like this."

"But-"

"No, buts!"

"What if they won't ever get healed." My face tightens.

"They will get healed-"

"You've got to be realistic-"

"And you need to be optomistic! Are you telling me to just throw all my hard work and efforts down the drain?"

She doesn't say anything but only looks down. My shoulders sack. "I will be fine."

"Pretty sure a few days ago you were crying about that you'll never be okay." I roll my eyes at her tease.

"It's called mood swings."

"Yeah, they're so up and down that they should just call them Tara swings."

"Hmph! Whatever!"

Hehe, Tara Swings

Hehe, Tara Swings.

Surprise chapter since it's my birthday today!! Already at the 10th chapter! That was fast!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and thank you for reading, dearest roses! Don't forget to