Chapter Fifteen: The Final Countdown

ATHENA'S POV

"Woah, Athena love, calm down," Quinn says as I kick him in the shin. "Can't we just talk this - OW!" I had kicked him in the groin to shut him up and he had doubled over, holding his groin. I knew all the ways how to hurt a dude.

"Shut up and go to hell Quinn," I hissed and went to kick him in the head when he grabbed my leg and threw me against a wall. A searing pain shot through my head as it smashed against the wall with a sickening crunch as I slid down. Quinn stalked to me, his eyes blazing the true Dark Incubus way.

"This is it Athena," he said, grabbing the cake knife and pressing it against my heart. "I don't care about you anymore. I'll kill you and take the baby Incubus with me."

"You'll leave Kaoru alone," I hissed.

Quinn just laughed and positioned the knife against my heart and moved to push it. I closed my eyes, waiting for the deathly blow, but ...

"USA-CHAN KICK!"

I opened my eyes to see Honey kick Quinn full on in the head, causing Quinn to fly off to another wall. Honey landed on the ground in a crouch and Mori came beside him, holding a staff.

"Athena-Chan," Honey says in a voice that could have killed a Vampire. "Leave him to us." And he went after Quinn, who was struggling to stand up and kicked him in the chest, doing a backflip as Mori hit him in the chest with the staff, sending him down again.

"Athena," Kaoru says, skidding beside me with Hikaru at his side. "Are you okay?"

Kaoru was slapping my cheeks gently and put his hand on the back of my head. I winced and he took his hand back, and I saw that it was slick with blood.

"Holy shit," Hikaru breaths.

Kaoru cups my face in his hands and breathed into my mouth, his eyes turning luminous blue as he sent Chi into me. The Chi healed all my wounds but not my heart. I shook my head, not believing what I was seeing as Kaoru's eyes faded back to ember.

"What happened to you?" I whispered.

"That's not important," Kaoru says, grabbing my hand and helping me up. He bends down and grabs the blood-stained knife off the ground and grips it, testing it in his hand.

"What are you thinking?" Hikaru asks him.

"I'm thinking he isn't going to like this threesome," he says, grinning at me.

"Alright," I answered, grinning. "Let's go."

KAORU'S POV

Honey and Mori had done a number on Quinn as Hikaru, Athena and I made our way over to him. The rest of the host club, Natasha, Enzo and Caitlyn later joined us Quinn looked up at us, his left eye swollen shut.

"Hello again," I say, kneeling in front of him. "Today didn't turn out the way you wanted it, didn't it?"

Quinn laughed and shook his head, looking up at Honey and Mori. "Nope."

I ran my finger along the hilt of the knife, the blade biting my skin. I plunged the knife into Quinn's stomach and he groaned in pain as he fingered the blood off his shirt. I cut the knife along his cheek, watching the ruby blood follow down his cheek and onto his collar.

"Not such a powerful Incubus now, are you?" I asked, grinning.

Quinn only laughed as I plunged the knife into his jugular and he collapsed against me, dead.

"Hooray to a dead fiancé!" Athena says happily, holding up a beer bottle. I take it off her, shaking my head.

"No way, you aren't eighteen," I say, putting the beer bottle away. Athena pouted in protest.

"I'm over two hundred years old! Of course I'm allowed to drink!" she protests.

"Holy shit, you're old," Hikaru says. Athena punches him in the face and I rush over to him before he could collapse.

"I have seen a lot more than you have," she tells him. "I was at The Beetles first concert, I've met John Lennon, I've met Neil Armstrong, I've ..."

"Athena, you're rambling."

Athena blushed, sheepish. Everyone laughed. We sat around a camp fire, listening to the crickets chirp in this moment of bliss. Kyouya was shaking his head, grimacing.

"What is it Kyouya-Senpai?"

"The total cost for repairs to the host club is 30000 yen," he says. He looks up at Athena. "You have a lot more to your debt."

Athena groaned.

"I'll help you pay it off," I whispered into her ear. "Afterall: I'm the one who killed Quinn."

Athena turned her head and caught my lips with hers, and we kissed harder than ever before, our hands journeying to under each other's clothing until ...

"Hey- get a room."

We break apart, blushing madly. We listen to the crickets for a little while longer until everyone went to sleep, Athena and I the only ones awake. _Than I remembered something that has been on my mind for a whole night.

"Hey Athena."

"Yeah?"

"Am I Light or Dark?"

Athena sighed and turned to face me.

"I seriously have no clue. There hasn't been a report of an Incubus or Succubus being raped before. But, since your pupils are black I'm guessing you are Light."

"But what if I'm not?"

"Than time will only tell."