Chapter Eleven: The Struggle

ATHENA POV

"You look hot!" one guy shouted.

"Woah," another one put in.

Another wolf-whisled.

I sat on a plush red couch, a table in front of me with coffee on it and rose petals spread around it. At least three boys were sitting around me, all ogling my costume as I tried to sit with my legs closed. It wasn't as easy I thought. Speaking to boys naturally was easy, but talking to boys to pay off for the damage that Philipe did was not as easy as I thought. I was surprised that Kaoru wasn't threatening to smash the boy's skulls, but he was tending to his own guests with Hikaru.

"So, Sutton," the first guy says, using my fake last name. "Why did you choose to join the host club? Isn't the host club for boys only?"

I groan and start to explain why I had joined (of course not mentioning the French Poltergeist).

KAORU'S POV

"Kaoru-Kun! You look so cool!" a girl says as the others nodded in agreement. I, on the other hand, felt like a whore. "And Hikaru-Kun, you look adorable!"

"Why thank you ladies," Hikaru and I say, Hikaru grinning and me clenching my teeth. Hikaru takes my chin in his hand and turns my head to face him. "But you look more adorable than me Kaoru."

"No, you look more adorable than me Hikaru," I say, faking a blush.

"KYA! FORBIDDEN BROTHERLY LOVE!"

My eardrums were about to burst any minute now.

ATHENA'S POV

"Would you like some tea?" Haruhi asks, rescuing me from an uncomfortable question. One of the boys had asked me if I was single, and I didn't know how to answer. Should tell them yes, I was single and have millions of boys after me or say no, I was in a relationship and have millions of boys threaten Kaoru's life?

"HARUHI!" I scream, jumping up and grabbing her wrist. "Come with me!"

Haruhi didn't even react as I pulled her into one of the changing rooms, putting my hands on my knees as I catched for breath. The fishnet stockings crawled underneath my fingers like spiders, and the dress became too tight somehow.

"What's wrong Athena?" Haruhi asks.

I clutch her shoulders tightly, looking at her wildly.

"You have to help me!" I screamed at her, causing Haruhi to wince.

KAORU'S POV

"I'm sorry ladies but your time is up," Kyouya says, causing some protests from the girls. I, on the other hand, was glade. As the girls stood up to leave, Kyouya bought more girls over and I was about ready to break.

I grabbed Kyouya's hand and dragged him into one of the change rooms, collapsing onto the floor face down.

"What's wrong Kaoru?" Kyouya asks. I could hear the sounds of a pen scribbling on paper.

"I can't stand this!" I yell, jumping to my feet and putting my hands on his shoulders.

"You can't stand what?" Kyouya asks, looking up from his black book.

"All of this!" I answer, gesturing to my outfit. "What is wrong with me Kyouya-Sempai?"

"That's easy to answer," Kyouya answers.

ATHENA'S POV

"Hold on, explain from the top," Haruhi says.

I take a deep breath and say fast, "Well, the boys asked me a question and it made me very uncomfortable. I mean, I'm a Succubus and I'm tending to boys to make them happy. Succubi don't tend to boys to make them happy: boys tend to us to make us happy. But this question made me uncomfortable, and I don't know what to do."

"What did the boys ask you?" Haruhi asks.

"They asked me if I was single."

"And what did you say?"

"Nothing! That was when you came over!" I clutched Haruhi's shoulders again, looking into her eyes. "What is wrong with me Haruhi!"

"Wait, calm down," Haruhi says, prying my hands off her. "It's easy an easy answer."

"What?"

"You're in love," she answers. "With Kaoru I'm guessing."

KAORU'S POV

"WHAT?!?"

"You're in love with Athena," Kyouya says again, writing in his black book again. I take the book out of his hands and throw it against the wall, where it fell to the floor with a satisfied crunch. Kyouya didn't look fazed. Hikaru had joined us in time to see me throw the book, and he was looking at the book wide eyed.

"What do you mean I'm in love with Athena?" I yell. "Sure, I've made out with her twice -"

"Wait, you've made out with her?" Hikaru asks with raised eyebrows.

"THAT WAS SO SHE COULD FEED ON MY CHI!"

ATHENA'S POV

"What do you mean I'm in love with Kaoru?" I scream. "I'm a Succubus! Succubi don't fall in love! Sure, we've made out twice, but -"

"Wait, you've made out with him?" Haruhi asks with raised eyebrows.

"SO THAT I COULD FEED ON HIS CHI!"

Haruhi sighs and grabs my hand, pulling me out of the changing rooms. The changing room next to us opened and Kyouya and Hikaru pulled Kaoru out. Haruhi pushed me towards Kaoru at the same time Kyouya and Hikaru pushed Kaoru towards me, and we crashed into each other, falling to the floor in an awkward position, Kaoru on top of me and our lips almost touching.

We scramble apart and sit beside each other as we glared at everyone.