COME HOME

Hi, and enjoy. I don't know what God that has given me the actual willpower to write this, but here it is. Also, I love my girlfriend.

Inspired from my last fic about Maria's last mission, although it does not follow directly on as there are changes.

also plz pretend that Antonia Dreykov did die in the explosion.

The wind howled and the trees shook violently against the glass of the window frame, Natasha was relieved to finally be home after a long day of work. She could hear the thunder rumbling in the distance, the sky grew darker and the birds had flown to safety. She opened the door and immediately shook her red locks that had turned curly from the rain, to alleviate them from the weight of the water. She called out her wife's name, there was no answer. Maria must be asleep in their room, or some place random. Pregnancy has made Maria adapt to new things, like last Sunday she realised it was comfier to sleep on the floor instead of their actual bed. Natasha chuckled at the thought, remembering how she had grabbed two pillows and their duvet to go sleep on the floor next to her wife as she refused to sleep alone. Nat made her way into the kitchen to get her pregnant wife a snack.

Natasha began grabbing the ingredients for the peanut butter and jelly sandwich, she had never successfully leant to cook, so sandwiches were her safest option without the supervision on Maria in the kitchen. She stopped to look outside the kitchen window. Lightning flashed across the sky and the thunder in the distance drew closer. Debris in their garden were flying through the air, it was a powerful storm alright. Natasha continued to watch as the lightning illuminated the sky, at each loud rumble of thunder Liho would jump and screech.

"Nothing to be afraid of koshka, it's just a bit of thunder" she stated sweetly to the cat, patting her, before taking a bite of her sandwich and grabbing Mia's to take upstairs for her.

"Mia" Nat whispered, not wanting to startle her wife awake, there was no answer. She checked their bedroom and Maria was nowhere to be found, she wasn't worried yet as it wasn't uncommon these days to find Maria sleeping somewhere stupid. She checked the study hoping to find her wife working over some S.H.I.E.L.D files, ready to reprimand her for not resting. Tension grew in Natasha's stomach when Maria was not there. Nat walked into the hallway, a hand ready to reach for her gun if need be. "Maria!" she called out, her own anxiety fizzing up surpassing it's boiling point. She continued to walk when she heard the loud crash of thunder, she startled, a hand flying to her gun. "ебать, calm down Romanoff. It's just rain." Nat reminded herself.

Finally, she checked the back living room adjacent to the door that leads to the garden. Straight away she noticed a struggle had taken place. Maria's gun was on the floor, a few things had been knocked off the table. The door was half closed and there were fingerprints smeared all over the glass. Natasha wanted to throw up. She had no idea who had taken her wife, no idea how they found her home, no idea how they got passed her security. She calmed herself down immediately, she did not have time to panic. It would only benefit the person who took her wife and unborn child if she did.

Upon coming back to her senses, she analysed the room more strategically, there was a note wedged between the dining table and a glass of water. She reached out for it slowly, removing the glass and picking up the note.

'Если ты хочешь ее, приходи домой.' (If you want her, come home.)

Natasha's blood boiled, how did they find her? She didn't hesitate before grabbing her bag. Shoving her weapons and suit into it. She would not let them take the one thing she loved away from her, not again.

YEKATERINBURG, RUSSIA. 

Maria's heart was racing, she couldn't see anything. Her chest was tightening, she felt as if she couldn't breathe. The blindfold was knotted harshly, restricting her vision. Her wrists were raw and blood, the plastic ties bound them together behind her back. She refused to cry and scream, she couldn't show them that she was frightened. Although everything felt as if it was crushing her, the darkness, the men that took her. She focused on her breathing, taking steady deep breaths. She knew the baby would need it. Maria wanted nothing more that to be at home in her wife's arms, to see the light again and feel free. Dread was washing over her, she knew exactly where she was. She had spent enough time with Natty to know what Russian sounds like when she hears it. Leading her to that one overwhelming, distressing and abysmal conclusion: The Red Room.