Chapter 1

She sat on the sofa, watching a movie as she heard a car pull up outside her house.
She slowly got up and walked towards the window, moving the blinds a little so she could see who it was.
Eddie Woods.
She ran to the door and smiled as she watched him walk in.
"Kayla." He opened his arms out.
"Dad! I'm so glad you're back!" She squealed, running towards him and giving him a hug.
"How was the business trip?" She asked once she finally let go of him
"It was good." He sighed. "Im just happy to see my darling daughter."
"Im happy to see you too." Kayla laughed.
"How's school going? How's Hunter?" Eddie asked, enetering the living room and putting his briefcase down on a sofa.
"Schools good and Hunters still a jerk." Kayla mumbled the last part.
"I honestly don't know why you and Hunter never got along. His father and I were best friends." He sat down.
"Maybe because the first memory I remember with him was at his house. He chased me around the house, threatening to put a spider on me if I didn't do his homework." Kayla handed her dad a bottle of water.
Her dad took a sip. "Hunters really a smart, bright boy now, though. He'll make something of himself one day. "
"Whatever." Kayla groaned."I need to go to bed now anyway. I've got school tomorrow." Kayla explained
"Okay, good night." Her dad smiled as she headed for the door.
"Good night." She smiled back before making her way to the bathroom.
Kayla brushed her teeth and then went to her bedroom.
When she entered, she turned the light off and slid into her bed, tucking herself in under the covers before going to sleep.
She put her phone down, and within 5 minutes, she was knocked out.
"Kayla? Are you comfortable?" A husky voice asked.
"Yes." She gave a warm smile as she buried her head into the attractive man's chest.
"Kayla. Thank you." He said.
"For what?" She looked up.
"For giving me a chance." He kissed her head. "I love you."
"I love you too, Hunter." She smiled before kissing him.
Kayla quickly jolted up in a sitting position. She scanned the room with her eyes and realised she was in her bedroom and not at Hunters house. It was just a dream, or rather a nightmare.
What was that dream? And why was Hunter in it?
Whatever kayla thought to herself. She has been in a good mood since today marks the last week of school before the summer holidays started.
She got out of bed and put on some ripped black denim shorts and a white tank top on.
She looked at herself in the mirror and was happy with her outfit.
Kayla went into the bathroom to do her makeup and brush her teeth. As she put her blush on, she could hear her father walking back and forth around the bathroom, on call with a man.
"I know, Dave, I know. We don't have that kind of money, though."
Kayla put her makeup bag in her school bag and left the bathroom.
She saw her dad outside the bathroom and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed.
"Dad? Are you okay?" Kayla asked, concerned."What was that phone call about?"
"Nothing, honey. Do you need a ride to school?" Eddie asked.
"If you're not busy, can you drop me off?" She asked.
"Yeah, are you ready?" He stood up straight.
"Yeah. Let's go." Kayla replied before making her way downstairs as Eddie followed her.
They left the house, and Kayla got in the car as Eddie locked the house door.
"This is your last week of school. How are you feeling?" Eddie asked after he got in the car and started driving.
"Fine, i guess." Kayla shrugged.
Eddie nodded as he continued to drive in silence.
After 10 minutes, they arrived at Kaylas School.
"Thanks for the drive, dad." Kayla said, picking up her bag and getting ready to leave.
"Is that Hunter?" Eddie asked, pointing at a tall guy in a black leather jacket, who was with a group of boys and girls.
"Yep." Kayla sighed before getting out of the car.
"Dad. Please dont go speaking to him." Kayla sighed as she saw her dad getting out of the car.
"Dont worry, it's only for a few seconds. Come on, let's say hi to him." Eddie insisted.
"No way." Kayla laughed sarcastically."Im not speaking to him."
"Fine, I'll go." Eddie walked up to Hunter.
"I need to do something. I'll see you guys in a bit." Hunter said when he saw Eddie walk up to him.
He started walking towards Eddie. "Mr Woods." He gently nodded his bead once.
"Hunter, son. How are you?" Eddie started making conversation.
"Fine. You?" Hunter replied.
"Also fine." Eddie nodded "Hows your dad?"
"He's good. He wants to get me married. He says if I'm soon the mafia leader of our gang, I need a woman by my side to help me." Hunter said in a hushed tone, looking around, making sure no one else heard what they were talking about.
"Oh, that's right. You're the leader soon, aren't you?" Eddie nodded.
"Yeah, but I don't see why I need a woman to help me?" Hunter questioned.
"Well, I know Lizzy helped me with all the stress. She helped me in fights, and Ashley does the same for your dad." Eddie said.
"I know." Hunter responded "Well I'd better go to class."
"Right you go," Eddie said.